Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

now that i've left education i don't really get many opportunities to make new friends. the few friends i do have only want to go out drinking and clubbing so i don't see them much. i really want to make new friends whose lives don't revolve around drinking and who enjoy exploring and going out in the day to new places, taking photos, going on long walks etc. how can i meet people like this? i'm not a sporty person so i'm not going to join any sports clubs. i don't mind talking to people online too if anyone knows any sites?

ReputationRep:
    To meet people who like doing those things you've mentioned, you need to do them yourself. If you want to find someone who enjoys books and reading, then go to a library or find a book club near where you live. Start going to an evening class to learn a new skill or language. Take up cookery. Better yourself and become the person that you want to befriend in order to attract that type of people. (I'm not wholly sure about websites for that kind of thing, but a google search might bring up something helpful)

Making friends is about being proactive. Even if you don't set out to make friends, then you'll have made yourself a more interesting person in the process, and that'll be bound to get you friends. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    now that i've left education i don't really get many opportunities to make new friends. the few friends i do have only want to go out drinking and clubbing so i don't see them much. i really want to make new friends whose lives don't revolve around drinking and who enjoy exploring and going out in the day to new places, taking photos, going on long walks etc. how can i meet people like this? i'm not a sporty person so i'm not going to join any sports clubs. i don't mind talking to people online too if anyone knows any sites?
    Type Voluntary work on google then you can make friends through that also
    click on this link to make new friends
    www.Cityocializer.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I made a spelling mistake its www.Citysocializer.com
    You can advertise on there by saying you want to meet people to take photograhs with, long walks, etc
    Also type Shine on google this is a group of people who get together to do things together

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.