Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've found a phrase used to describe average/bad results Watch

ReputationRep:
    The phrase is "disappointingly mediocre"

You use it when you know you've done ok not brilliantly and you know you're over optimistic but you know you're never gonna get that high grade and you know if you put yourself down and say you got a low grade when you did then that's not an accurate representation of what you though you got

Thus disappointingly mediocre is the term for you to use when you have something just really disappointing and average

have fun saying this to yourself when you get all those results back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fartinugget)

You use it when you know you've done ok not brilliantly and you know you're over optimistic but you know you're never gonna get that high grade and you know if you put yourself down and say you got a low grade when you did then that's not an accurate representation of what you though you got

Thus disappointingly mediocre is the term for you to use when you have something just really disappointing and average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    That's a little more than disappointingly mediocre i believe.

Huge disappointment, letdown and mess are the correct terms to describe your brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fartinugget)

I use "lamentable"

ReputationRep:
    this is exactly how my exams went thank u
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I prefer a kind of 'meh' sound or just shrugging my shoulders, but that doesn't sound too bad either.

ReputationRep:
    If you use the phrase "disappointingly mediocre", your results will not be disappointingly mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I use "lamentable"
    that's a good one too
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    this is exactly how my exams went thank u

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I prefer a kind of 'meh' sound or just shrugging my shoulders, but that doesn't sound too bad either.
    I guess i just came up with this because it makes me feel a little smarter and makes up a little for the bad ga=rades i got
    (Original post by surina16)
    If you use the phrase "disappointingly mediocre", your results will not be disappointingly mediocre.
    A D is pretty bad at AS for me, you ain't getting any good offers with that lol

ReputationRep:
    did you get that phrase from examiner reports lol
    it just sounds kinda patronising at this point ill just tell myself "could be better"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    did you get that phrase from examiner reports lol
    it just sounds kinda patronising at this point ill just tell myself "could be better"
    nope not at all, it's all original, if someone has come up with this before i wouldn't know who that would be.
    I came up with this while on the toilet
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    you better get some gucci sun glasses because these A* will blind you :hoppy:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    you better get some gucci sun glasses because these A* will blind you :hoppy:
    lol, i have no A*'s *le cri
    (Original post by Windies)
    lol good one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.