Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you really need a cover letter to apply for Primark? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At the bit where you upload your CV there's also a thingy for uploading a cover letter but it let me carry on without it. I'm assuming not writing one won't do me any favours, but will it rule me out entirely?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by cherryade99)
    At the bit where you upload your CV there's also a thingy for uploading a cover letter but it let me carry on without it. I'm assuming not writing one won't do me any favours, but will it rule me out entirely?
    It will probably stop you being competitive. it's not that they won't read your application, it's just that those with covering letters will probably be stronger. If they give the opportunity to upload one you should definitely use it.

ReputationRep:
    If they are asking for one then yes. I think next to each primark job there is a clickable link that gives you a list of qualities and skills they're looking for. Just explain how you have those and why you'd be good for the job. If they have a page for Cover letter and you don't write one, they probably think you can't be bothered.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.