Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of Kent as one of my universities to apply to and the course I want to take will be set in the Canterbury campus. I was wondering, how much, on average, does it cost a month to live in halls of residence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KathrynLouise1)
    I'm thinking of Kent as one of my universities to apply to and the course I want to take will be set in the Canterbury campus. I was wondering, how much, on average, does it cost a month to live in halls of residence?
    it depends on where you are living. If you are living in catered accommodation you will have meal provided to you. However if you are living in self-catered then you will have to cook for yourself. I have just finished my first year and I was living in Keynes self-catered. The bills are already included into the price of the accommodation so all you have to worry about is food and or alcohol. For food I budged around £50 - £60 a month. As for alcohol and clubs entry, I didn't really go out that much tbh, but when I did go out I usually go to someone's pres and have some of their alcohol Venue and other club entry fee is about £5. For transportation bus is £2.90 day rider, £1.90 for single and bus pass for a year is £170 unlimited ride around Kent. As for taxi from town to the uni at night I would say around £12. I "budged" around £100 a month but I didn't really budget, I got whatever I want when I needed it, which is really bad I know .

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.