Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I'm moving out of my house in 2 weeks and my walls are covered in white tact that's been there for months. I've tried using a magic eraser and other white tact but nothing is working. I may be able to convince my parents to help me paint over it but not likely.

    Has anyone else had this problem and if so how much of your deposit did you lose? Its about 3/8 of the walls.
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    The walks are other than white?
    What did your contract say? Did you ask the LL whether you could use it? Read your contract.

    The main problem is the oily residue. You can try (on a discreet) bread, an eraser or bicarvonate of soda.
    sandpaper or throughly clean the affected areas as any oil will seep though.
    get a paint pot or match it properly.
    If you leave it to the LL, then they will charge much more for putting it right.

    There are a zillion threads about this on the student room, so use the search function.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Find out more

    Accommodation profiles:

    Downing Students

    Universal Student Living

    “Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

    Prodigy Living

    Prodigy Living

    Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

    iQ Student Accommodation

    iQ Student Accommodation

    Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

    X1 Lettings

    X1 Lettings

    Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

    Collegiate Accommodation

    Collegiate Accommodation

    "This is student living. Just better."

    Scape Student Living

    Study Inn

    Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

    The Student Housing Company

    The Student Housing Company

    Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


    Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

    Quick link:

    Unanswered student accommodation threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.