Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to leave a note and i'll get around to editing it
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...3mEy3PU94/edit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny.L)
    Thank you so much for this You've made me feel so much better about how I did! Hopefully unit 5 will be good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactive_)
    Thank you so much for this You've made me feel so much better about how I did! Hopefully unit 5 will be good too
    I think I did well enough I can get a D in biol 5 and still come out with an A, so pretty pleased too! :O

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much, this is really useful. Repped

ReputationRep:
    I dropped 11 marks max I think! beaut paper

ReputationRep:
    In regards to the first question, the mark schemes for past papers state the term for a community MUST have the phrase 'all species' in it. The question asked for a term describing different species within a habitat... sounds to me like the answer should have been 'an ecosystem'?... help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getme3as)
    In regards to the first question, the mark schemes for past papers state the term for a community MUST have the phrase 'all species' in it. The question asked for a term describing different species within a habitat... sounds to me like the answer should have been 'an ecosystem'?... help!!
    From my memory, an ecosystem is defined as a self-contained functioning unit consisting of all the necessary abiotic and biotic factors.
    I wouldnt read into it too much, they're not trying to trick you at every step. Im 95% certain its community
    If they meant ecosystem theyd have made it more obvious, i.e. my answer

ReputationRep:
    From my memory, an ecosystem is defined as a self-contained functioning unit consisting of all the necessary abiotic and biotic factors.
    I wouldnt read into it too much, they're not trying to trick you at every step. Im 95% certain its community
    just wanted to confirm! Overall a good exam - thanks for the mark scheme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getme3as)
    just wanted to confirm! Overall a good exam - thanks for the mark scheme!
    I cant take all the credit for it, someone had it up prior, but it got overrun by trolls spamming donald trump etc xD. So i managed to salvage what I could..

ReputationRep:
    I cant take all the credit for it, someone had it up prior, but it got overrun by trolls spamming donald trump etc xD. So i managed to salvage what I could..
    Hahah of course! you did a great job

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it Interspecific competition?Since key word is different species.

"A population is a group of individuals of the same species inhabiting an area. Acommunity is a group of interacting populations (comprising all the living things)within an area." Defining population and community.

i could be wrong probably haha,caught out by different species^

ReputationRep:
    It was my idea lol, you can thank me later

ReputationRep:
    This paper was actually not that bad.

However, I kept finding myself making stupid mistakes and not thinking about things properly such as the RQ question. It was obviously 1, yet I didnt put it and just the overall amount of these silly 1 mark mistakes is really going to screw me over, especially since I did revise a fair amount.

Such a shame. I know its all in the past now but venting on here somehow makes it a bit easier to deal with.

Also, how did you remember all the questions @OP? Did you get access to the paper and how did you formulate all the correct answers?

ReputationRep:
    what a legend. thanks a mil

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.