Yeah I'm new to this, and I was just wondering if ...^ Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlle_DT)
    Yeah I'm new to this, and I was just wondering if ...^ Thank you in advance
    It would be okay.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Depends on each university as some universities have different policies over others. Generally you can re sit an AS, it should be fine but do let the university know.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I think I'm just over thinking things at the moment 😅

ReputationRep:
    Usually you're fine if it's AS, it's A2 that they don't like resits for.

ReputationRep:
    I think the rules may change. As to re sit an AS you'd have to do it outside of the two years which most don't allow. Previously you'd be able to resit it in year 13. But if the as you did this year counts to your A2 then it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If it's a single resit they don't mind (my girlfriend did that and she's at Cardiff med school). Other Universities really do not care for it, especially if it is a trend. If it's a blip it won't cripple a decent application. Just focus on a rounded application, e.g. good work experience, decent grades (even if a resit is required), and extra-curriculars. Having said that you may wish to be tactical, e.g. Oxbridge might not be the best idea with serial resitting.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't think I'll be planning to go to Oxbridge, I'll have to see on results day 😅 Thank you guys so much though, I'm a little less stressed now

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.