Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I probably sound really stupid but I really don't understand what the grades look like for double award science, and I've got my last exam tomorrowXD
    I was basically told I had to do double science two weeks before exams started because if I did triple I'd fail and bring the grades down (thanks!)
    So I really wasn't told a lot, apart from it's core and additional of each science.
    What I'm trying to ask is, do I get a separate grade for each science, or do they all get combined into a grade for core and additional or what?
    Also, people have told me I won't be able to get into nursing if I do double, so I'm a bit stressed right now:P
    Thank you for any answers!

ReputationRep:
    So assuming you're doing AQA you will do B1, p1 and c1 for core and c2,p2 and b2 for additional science which will give you a separate grade for each
    You would have to look at individual requirements on websites but if you get can into medicine with double science I assume you can get into nursing

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you can do nursing with double. You need triple to do medicine and things like that.

The way the duel award works is you do Unit 1 which is your core science. You get a grade based of all 3 exams and an ISA
    You the do Unit 1 which is your additional science.You get a grade based of all 3 exams and an ISA

These two grades create the duel award.

E.g.

Say you got a B in core science and an A in additional science, you represent your duel award as: BA (or AB, not sure if it matters tbh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmiebonner7399)
    Hi,
    I probably sound really stupid but I really don't understand what the grades look like for double award science, and I've got my last exam tomorrowXD
    I was basically told I had to do double science two weeks before exams started because if I did triple I'd fail and bring the grades down (thanks!)
    So I really wasn't told a lot, apart from it's core and additional of each science.
    What I'm trying to ask is, do I get a separate grade for each science, or do they all get combined into a grade for core and additional or what?
    Also, people have told me I won't be able to get into nursing if I do double, so I'm a bit stressed right now:P
    Thank you for any answers!
    It's basically core biology chemistry and physics then additional biology chemistry and physics you get 2 GCSE's from double award

ReputationRep:
    That's false. A levels count, not GCSE's. Most 6th forms allow people to do multiple science A levels with core science.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.