Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you guys think of tinder? have you met anyone from there? do you genuinely believe you could meet someone great on there? worth the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you guys think of tinder? have you met anyone from there? do you genuinely believe you could meet someone great on there? worth the time?
    Plenty of people have met others for NSA sex, FWB, relationships etc. Luck of the draw, really.

I know people who have had no luck on there, some luck, and all the luck!

I've spoken to a handful and made one friend from it, but that's all really.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    No luck myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I met a guy on there, he wasn't worth my time but it was an experience. Everyone's different. I think you should try it for yourself. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Tinder is generally known as a hook up app, though sayingthat I have met some genuinely nice people on there that don’t expect that fromeach other. I wouldn’t go on it now as I’m happily in a relationship and don’tfeel the need, but if you’re single and want to meet new people it may be agood opportunity!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the majority of guys on there just want casual sex, there are some that want more than that though. I met an ex boyfriend on tinder and have made a few friends from it

ReputationRep:
    They've just banned all under 18's so I'm expecting a wave of 18 year olds with the bio "I'm 14 not 18 "

ReputationRep:
    I'd argue that it's more aimed at casual dating/hookups due to its heavy visual focus as compared to other online dating apps/websites which are more text/profile focused (although pictures are still a dominant factor).

If I were looking for a relationship I'd be more inclined to use a different website myself, but then, there is no reason you can't use more than one.

It does have a certain immediacy that other dating sites lack, which can be a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDron3)
    They've just banned all under 18's so I'm expecting a wave of 18 year olds with the bio "I'm 14 not 18 "
    Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Met my ex boyfriend on there, we were together for 18 months. Even if we aren't together anymore it was a good relationship and I wouldn't have met it if it wasn't for tinder.

ReputationRep:
    Met my current boyfriend on there, been going happy and strong for the last 5 months - luck of the draw.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.