Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I have only received one conditional offer this year from Bradford uni for clinical technology. I think I may have jumped the gun by putting it as my first, it's just too far from home for me.
    I was thinking that I'd look in clearing for a course closer to home but I was wondering if I I asked the university to reject me so I could enter clearing would I still be able to apply for them through clearing if it comes to that.
    Sorry if that's a bit too confusing. I obviously don't know if the course will be on clearing but I have a feeling it might since 100% of applicants were accepted last year and it's a fairly new course.
    Thanks!
    •  Official Rep
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by VNRIZZ)
    I have only received one conditional offer this year from Bradford uni for clinical technology. I think I may have jumped the gun by putting it as my first, it's just too far from home for me.
    I was thinking that I'd look in clearing for a course closer to home but I was wondering if I I asked the university to reject me so I could enter clearing would I still be able to apply for them through clearing if it comes to that.
    Sorry if that's a bit too confusing. I obviously don't know if the course will be on clearing but I have a feeling it might since 100% of applicants were accepted last year and it's a fairly new course.
    Thanks!
    Hi,

    The short answer is yes, you can ask us to withdraw your offer and then still apply to us in clearing if you change your mind.

    However, what applicants usually do in this type of situation is to keep the offer in place and then contact other universities during clearing. If you do this and are made an offer then all you need to do is contact us to let us know and we will release the offer you hold with us.

    I hope that helps, if you do have any more questions please feel free to ask.

    PAUL
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bradford)
    Hi,

    The short answer is yes, you can ask us to withdraw your offer and then still apply to us in clearing if you change your mind.

    However, what applicants usually do in this type of situation is to keep the offer in place and then contact other universities during clearing. If you do this and are made an offer then all you need to do is contact us to let us know and we will release the offer you hold with us.

    I hope that helps, if you do have any more questions please feel free to ask.

    PAUL
    Hi Paul.

    Will I be able to have the university release my offer on August 18th or is this too late?

    I have been in contact with a local university and the earliest I can try to get on the course I have enquired about is on this date via clearing.

    Thanks,
    Vincent.
    •  Official Rep
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Vincent,

    Yes that will be fine.

    PAUL
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.