Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

can you resit A levels at university? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    but she wants to be a teacher...in which case all she has to do is a PGCE after her degree...and whoosh shes a teacher. no extra resits needed.

love Katy ***
    But she probably wouldn't get onto the Fast Track scheme... I guess hence you saying she would do the PCGE...

(Original post by Airport Fairy)
    4) Teachers are highly sought-after. I don't think many teachers really have a lot of difficulty getting jobs, and it's not hard to get onto a PGCE course as long as you have a degree in education or in an academic subject (i.e., one that is taught as a proper subject in schools, which would make sport an academic subject.)
    i know a lot of people who've had trouble getting onto pgce schemes, moreover there are teaching jobs but these are either a) in remote places where people arent willing to work or b) only in specific ares such as maths or IT. most schools simply cannot afford to take on more teachers where they need them due to budget limitations.

with the glut of people coming through with sport science degrees there really isnt going to be a high demand for teachers with DDE at a-level or whatever, regardless of degree class.

i would see about re-sitting if it was possible.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.