Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've got a conditional offer from Kings College London to do pharmacy... my offer is "to obtain 3BBB at A-level, excluding general studies"...
    i do chemistry biology and maths and i already have an A in persian!...from this offer do u think they accept my persian?! caz i have put on the UCAS that i've done this a-level...so do U think that they accept my persian a-level???!!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    i've got a conditional offer from Kings College London to do pharmacy... my offer is "to obtain 3BBB at A-level, excluding general studies"...
    i do chemistry biology and maths and i already have an A in persian!...from this offer do u think they accept my persian?! caz i have put on the UCAS that i've done this a-level...so do U think that they accept my persian a-level???!!!! :rolleyes:
    My best friend is Russian and has lived in this country for along time, some universities accpeted her Russian a level, others didn't. So there is no single answer as far as I know. If you want to find out I would ring up. However if it was on your UCAS form it seems to me that they have already accpeted it unless on your offer its says 3 B's excluding A-levels in persian.

ReputationRep:
    On their website, it says they want BBC for the Pharmacy course. I'm guessing that the A you already have will be included later on. So all you need to get is a B and a C.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that they've already taken the A in Persian into consideration and they want you to get BBB in Chemistry, Biology, and Maths. But ofcourse its always better if u ring up to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    My best friend is Russian and has lived in this country for along time, some universities accpeted her Russian a level, others didn't. So there is no single answer as far as I know. If you want to find out I would ring up. However if it was on your UCAS form it seems to me that they have already accpeted it unless on your offer its says 3 B's excluding A-levels in persian.
    no it doesnt say excluding persian! thats why im kind of confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    On their website, it says they want BBC for the Pharmacy course. I'm guessing that the A you already have will be included later on. So all you need to get is a B and a C.
    oh thats strang caz in their pros say 3 BBB!!!are u sure?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kraslan)
    I personally think that they've already taken the A in Persian into consideration and they want you to get BBB in Chemistry, Biology, and Maths. But ofcourse its always better if u ring up to make sure.
    i hope not thou caz thats gona be DIFFICULT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    i hope not thou caz thats gona be DIFFICULT!
    Why don't you just ring them? Or email them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    my offer from king's was ABB at A-level and i already had an A in maths at that time. After e-mailing them (quite a few times ) they changed it to BB in Physics and Chemistry.
    I think they will accept your persian A-level..just e-mail them and they'll give u an ammended offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    my offer from king's was ABB at A-level and i already had an A in maths at that time. After e-mailing them (quite a few times ) they changed it to BB in Physics and Chemistry.
    I think they will accept your persian A-level..just e-mail them and they'll give u an ammended offer!
    alright! what did u say in ur e mail??!!! caz im not quite sure how to write this e mail or how to explain my situation ...??!!??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    alright! what did u say in ur e mail??!!! caz im not quite sure how to write this e mail or how to explain my situation ...??!!??!!
    oh gosh....i can't remember...hold on a sec...
    something along the lines of:
    Thank you for the conditional offer...etc...
    However, I am unsure of whether the conditions of this offer mean that I only require grades BB at A-level for Physics and Chemistry this year having already attained a grade A in A-level Mathematics last year or ABB in the 3 A2 subjects i will be sitting for this year.
    My UCAS no is...blah blah blah...should you require further details. Thank you =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    oh gosh....i can't remember...hold on a sec...
    something along the lines of:
    Thank you for the conditional offer...etc...
    However, I am unsure of whether the conditions of this offer mean that I only require grades BB at A-level for Physics and Chemistry this year having already attained a grade A in A-level Mathematics last year or ABB in the 3 A2 subjects i will be sitting for this year.
    My UCAS no is...blah blah blah...should you require further details. Thank you =)
    alright!!cool thanx alot... did u send this e mail after ur exams (A2)?? btw what was their reply, did they accept ur a-level mathematics?and how many a-levels were u doing at the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    alright!!cool thanx alot... did u send this e mail after ur exams (A2)?? btw what was their reply, did they accept ur a-level mathematics?and how many a-levels were u doing at the time?
    you're welcome!
    no i sent the e-mail straight after i received the offer...that was just before exams.
    yup! they accepted my maths a-level and changed my offer to BB. i was doing 3A2s and an AS.
    thinking about it, im not sure if they'll accept your persian a-level. in my case, i had already completed maths and was doing chem, physics and f.maths. their prospectus says that "if both maths and f.maths are offered, only one will be considered" so i guess they didn't consider f.maths and that's why they changed my offer...
    there's no harm e-mailing them anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    you're welcome!
    no i sent the e-mail straight after i received the offer...that was just before exams.
    yup! they accepted my maths a-level and changed my offer to BB. i was doing 3A2s and an AS.
    thinking about it, im not sure if they'll accept your persian a-level. in my case, i had already completed maths and was doing chem, physics and f.maths. their prospectus says that "if both maths and f.maths are offered, only one will be considered" so i guess they didn't consider f.maths and that's why they changed my offer...
    there's no harm e-mailing them anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    aww....im not sure!! just e-mail them! u have nothing to lose right?
    or have u e-mailed them already?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    They won't..i am going through the same scenario the only difference being that persian is my second language...
    please update me on that! It may help me with my pharm offer as well...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.