Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had an AQA A level English exam this morning and I used an additional answer booklet. I forgot that there are lines for you to start writing on the front of the answer booklet and instead opened it up and started writing on the second page instead...will the examiner see this or will they think they answer has ended? I filled the whole of that second booklet so it's worth a lot of my mark.
    Also, usually at the end I check I've filled it in properly but i didn't have time and I rushed to give it to the invigilator. I don't remember signing the second booklet (idk if you're supposed to I signed the first one) and as well as this I forgot to write on the front booklet how many booklets I used in total. I tagged the two papers together and I filled out my name and candidate number but i'm worried they'll see the front page blank and that I haven't filled in how many I used and it might get discarded or lost because they didn't think I used it.
    Is this likely to happen, or am I panicking over nothing? Will the exam coordinators check over the papers and make sure the boxes are filled in properly/fill them in for me? Should I phone up and ask or is it nothing to worry about? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harmonious)
    Hi, I had an AQA A level English exam this morning and I used an additional answer booklet. I forgot that there are lines for you to start writing on the front of the answer booklet and instead opened it up and started writing on the second page instead...will the examiner see this or will they think they answer has ended? I filled the whole of that second booklet so it's worth a lot of my mark.
    Also, usually at the end I check I've filled it in properly but i didn't have time and I rushed to give it to the invigilator. I don't remember signing the second booklet (idk if you're supposed to I signed the first one) and as well as this I forgot to write on the front booklet how many booklets I used in total. I tagged the two papers together and I filled out my name and candidate number but i'm worried they'll see the front page blank and that I haven't filled in how many I used and it might get discarded or lost because they didn't think I used it.
    Is this likely to happen, or am I panicking over nothing? Will the exam coordinators check over the papers and make sure the boxes are filled in properly/fill them in for me? Should I phone up and ask or is it nothing to worry about? Thanks
    I would go speak to your exams officer. She's the one who will have scanned all the papers and so can tell you if there was an issue with the booklet. I'm sure it can be rectified if it wasn't sent anyway
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Harmonious)
    Don't worry honey. Give script markers more credit. Of course they will flick through your second booklet. They will obviously get to the end of your 1st booklet and think "oh this has ended abruptly" and they will most definitely look on to the 2nd booklet.

If you tagged the two papers together then they will check the 2 papers and just fill in the details. It's a nuisance I am sure, but loads of students do this year in, year out.

Just don't get so panicky next time!

Oh and always make sure you fill in your booklet(s) first so this does not happen!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    Don't worry honey. Give script markers more credit. Of course they will flick through your second booklet. They will obviously get to the end of your 1st booklet and think "oh this has ended abruptly" and they will most definitely look on to the 2nd booklet.

If you tagged the two papers together then they will check the 2 papers and just fill in the details. It's a nuisance I am sure, but loads of students do this year in, year out.

Just don't get so panicky next time!

Oh and always make sure you fill in your booklet(s) first so this does not happen!
    PS: whoever picked up your exam script should have checked before picking it up. This is what exam invigilator should have looked out for! They should have informed you that you hadn't filled in the 2nd booklet and they would have looked over you whilst you had filled it in. So they that person did not follow protocol!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.