(archived)
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by zenden)
    Hi Today I sat the GCSE P2 and P3 papers. P2 was awful but I didn't think that P3 went too badly until I spoke to my friends and realised I completely messed up the 6 mark question.
    Basically, I said that to make an electromagnetic magnet you should unwrap the paperclip and coil it around the nail, attach it to the powerpack then suspend it from the clamp by tying it to the wire (?!)
    Obviously I realise now that was completely wrong, but I did make some correct points and I explained how to change the strength of the magnets, which it also asked for...
    Do you think I'll get any marks or is that 10% of my marks gone? :/
    I think it's very hard for us to say how many marks you'll get or if you'll get any marks, because none of us have seen your paper. It is encouraging that you've put some right stuff down there, however, so hopefully that should work in your favour.

I know it's far easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about this. We usually tend to underestimate how well we did on exams and I remember, for example, when I did my A-Level Physics paper a while ago, I came out thinking I'd messed up badly and messed up the long 7 marker we had. Still ended up doing decently though so you never know, you may have surprised yourself!

Good luck with any other exams you may have.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you'll get atleast 2 marks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.