Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I recently got a grade back for a 20 credit module which I failed at around 39.2% and to pass it's a 40 that you need. I have passed everything else between 60-72 and I was wondering if anyone else has been in this position and can advise me on what to do. Next year is a placement year and I don't want this to affect me, has anyone experienced this? I should pass the year at a 2:1 but because I failed the module what does that mean ?????
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ive had a quick look, but having my dinner. Not staking my life on it.

You should have veen given a student handbook or found the departments or unis rules in exams and degree regulations.

I believe these are the correct ones.
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ySAhfA&cad=rja
    A quick scan indicates:

1. The Board of Examiners can give you various options.
    a) They can require you to resit, but it looks like you will be capped at 40%.
    b) They can condone, which means they give you a pass based on your other performance. Only if your fail is at least x%.
    c) They cna trail your module, which means they move the resit forward to the next time, maybe after placement, but next year.

It doesnt look like it will hold you back other than the fact it will be capped at 40%.

PQ might be along later or someone else might look at the rules for you or you cna look yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You will get condoned as it's above 35 (IE you'll receive the credits and not have to do a resit).Don't stress mate.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Jjcollinsz)
    Hey guys, so I recently got a grade back for a 20 credit module which I failed at around 39.2% and to pass it's a 40 that you need. I have passed everything else between 60-72 and I was wondering if anyone else has been in this position and can advise me on what to do. Next year is a placement year and I don't want this to affect me, has anyone experienced this? I should pass the year at a 2:1 but because I failed the module what does that mean ?????
    Sorry to hear that and sorry for the slow response,

999tigger is completely correct. The final verdict will come from the exam board. But the most likely option will either be condonement or a deferred exam. Usually for a marginal fail of 0.8% condonement will be the likely option.

Hope that helps and good luck on placement.

Josh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.