Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How hard is it to secure accommodation at Bath University if you get accepted into Bath, but as an insurance choice? I know they say that accommodation is not guaranteed for these people but how likely is it that you would have to find private housing? Only asking as I would like to deal with accommodation as a priority if I do not get into my firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Sorry no one has replied in so long!

Well speaking from experience, I've just finished my first year at Bath and it was my insurance choice. Obviously I didn't have a chance to apply for accommodation until I got my offer on results day. I applied like all other insurance people, or others who had forgotten to apply beforehand. The only option we all had was John Wood in the city, however I didn't get this and a lot of people didn't either!

The year I joined they accepted too many people and couldn't accommodate them, however I don't think anyway moved into private accommodation (unless they wanted to). I got put into Eastwood - they converted Eastwood 20/21 which were previously office blocks a week before we came. We had no oven/proper kitchen, only a microwave and fridge. It wasn't the best, as I was sharing for the first 2 months. We got our proper kitchen over Christmas, and we got the accommodation really cheap - the cheapest on campus I think, even cheaper than the normal shared Eastwood! But because we had no kitchen we were forced to have catering credit and to eat dinner and that on campus. A bit annoying as the choice wasn't great!

Anywho... don't worry about it! They really tried to help us out this year, and we all got accommodation! A few were shared to begin with, but they were all moved to single within 2 months maximum. I was probably sharing the longest as I had the worst conditions (being on campus and all).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.