The Student Room Group

who found p2 edexcel higher tier hard

whats ur feedback on the paper
it was a lot better than p1
Thought it was pretty good considering I only revised the day before, but did get stuck on the rollercoaster maths questions& didn't see the question that was 'Draw a voltmeter'. It definitely seemed nicer than the past papers I looked at though and grateful it wasn't like P1 :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by student2607
Thought it was pretty good considering I only revised the day before, but did get stuck on the rollercoaster maths questions& didn't see the question that was 'Draw a voltmeter'. It definitely seemed nicer than the past papers I looked at though and grateful it wasn't like P1 :smile:

where was the voltmeter one?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone said about it on a different Edexcel P2 thread, hoping it didn't actually exist and they were on foundation or something though:s-smilie:
Reply 5
Someone said about it on a different Edexcel P2 thread, hoping it didn't actually exist and they were on foundation or something though:s-smilie:

thank god i was going to have a heart attack!! yeah theyre probably foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was there, we weren't on foundation. Draw the voltmeter to check the potential difference of a filament lamp. One mark.
Original post by ksj.11
thank god i was going to have a heart attack!! yeah theyre probably foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it was Higher, just checked, don't see how I missed it though, the unofficial mark scheme must be higher as I recognise it all :frown: Lots of people must've then as I only realised when someone replied saying they missed it :s-smilie:

"Q5. Volts
Question a. Draw the voltmeter. b. 12 Volts can be written as : Answer - 12 Joules per coulomb. c. Prove that the resistance is 11 ohms. Answer- The resistance was 10.8 ohms, which is about 11 ohms d. e. Six marker on filament lamp."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by keepyourapology
It was there, we weren't on foundation. Draw the voltmeter to check the potential difference of a filament lamp. One mark.

Damn it, did you just have to draw a circle with a 'V' in it?
Damn it, did you just have to draw a circle with a 'V' in it?

Yeah, and draw it in parallel. :smile:
Yeah, and draw it in parallel. :smile:

Ah okay thanks:smile:, can't do anything about it now so on to revising the 3's, even though our teachers skipped over most of C3 so that should be fun to learn...:angry:& Good luck in all yours!:smile:
Ah okay thanks:smile:, can't do anything about it now so on to revising the 3's, even though our teachers skipped over most of C3 so that should be fun to learn...:angry:& Good luck in all yours!:smile:

I don't do triple but good luck in your exams! :smile: Have you found enough resources for your C3 exam, since your teacher is useless? ^^
I don't do triple but good luck in your exams! :smile: Have you found enough resources for your C3 exam, since your teacher is useless? ^^

Ah okay, that's lucky, have you completely finished with all exams now?:smile:& Thank you:smile:& No didn't have a chance to before exams started as they just stopped it the week our exams started, but we didn't even do most of it :s-smilie: Hopefully the revision guide covers it well and might look at GCSE Pod for some things but that's quite time-consuming:frown:
Ah okay, that's lucky, have you completely finished with all exams now?:smile:& Thank you:smile:& No didn't have a chance to before exams started as they just stopped it the week our exams started, but we didn't even do most of it :s-smilie: Hopefully the revision guide covers it well and might look at GCSE Pod for some things but that's quite time-consuming:frown:

No, still have History Paper 3 and AQA Further Math left. :smile:
And good luck! I know it's a measly response but I'm sure you know better about doing what is best. Good luck, and hope your exam goes great. :biggrin:
Reply 14
No, it was Higher, just checked, don't see how I missed it though, the unofficial mark scheme must be higher as I recognise it all :frown: Lots of people must've then as I only realised when someone replied saying they missed it :s-smilie:

"Q5. Volts
Question a. Draw the voltmeter. b. 12 Volts can be written as : Answer - 12 Joules per coulomb. c. Prove that the resistance is 11 ohms. Answer- The resistance was 10.8 ohms, which is about 11 ohms d. e. Six marker on filament lamp."

i remember that question but no drawing?!?? omg.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
could someone post the unofficial markscheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, still have History Paper 3 and AQA Further Math left. :smile:
And good luck! I know it's a measly response but I'm sure you know better about doing what is best. Good luck, and hope your exam goes great. :biggrin:

Ah, good luck with those then!:smile: & Thank you, fingers crossed!:smile:
Original post by kitty7861
whats ur feedback on the paper

I actually found it really long and i didn't finish in time
Coming from a person who finished C2 in 35 mins

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending