Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As the world's longest summer (11 weeks!) is ahead, I thought I would give NaNoWriMo a try this July (as I never have the time in November).

I was just wondering if anyone else was doing so? And if so, if they want to discuss any ideas / tips?

Good luck with any and all exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metellaest)
    I was just wondering if anyone else was doing so? And if so, if they want to discuss any ideas / tips?
    I'm participating! Without the stress of studying and exams, I thought it might be a time-consumer and something fun to do with my time - especially with how long we have from school.

Personally, I've decided to plan a little by going for the fantasy genre, so there are no rules or restrictions in my story! How about you? What's your genre and plan of action (if you have one)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerryelc)
    I'm participating! Without the stress of studying and exams, I thought it might be a time-consumer and something fun to do with my time - especially with how long we have from school.

Personally, I've decided to plan a little by going for the fantasy genre, so there are no rules or restrictions in my story! How about you? What's your genre and plan of action (if you have one)?
    Hi! Good to see someone else is planning on doing it

Have you just finished GCSEs or A(S) Levels?

That sounds great - I'm hoping to do a detective/murder mystery story (but I don't know if my imagination can pull that off). Currently I'm working on planning it out a little, creating the characters and coming up with a good opening scne. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metellaest)
    Hi! Good to see someone else is planning on doing it

Have you just finished GCSEs or A(S) Levels?

That sounds great - I'm hoping to do a detective/murder mystery story (but I don't know if my imagination can pull that off). Currently I'm working on planning it out a little, creating the characters and coming up with a good opening scne. How about you?
    Just finished all my GCSEs (thank God)!

Wow, I really love the plot twists in detective stories but I'd guess it would be difficult to plan and write - especially in a single month! Yeah, my main focus is creating relatable characters, trying to find a point to the story, and building a back story to the whole world in preparation for actually writing.

I'm mostly worried about finding my writing isn't realistic/believable or there are continuity errors and plot holes in my story.

Anyway, best of luck to you in your novel.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.