Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I got a conditional offer to study an MSc in Economics at Durham University, and I know it's a top 10 school for economics and a top 5 school in the UK but I am a little worried.

I am an EU student with no internships/work experience under my belt, and I believe it would be great to work in the UK but I would like to know how good recruiting is at Durham University, what opportunities there are for master's students, how helpful the career services are.Opportunities outside the UK?

What do you think about economics at Durham? is it up and coming? are they investing in staff or trying to attract recruiters?

I would like to hear from current and former students at Durham University but people from other universities can chime in.

Also would it be possible for me to take math courses on the side?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Work experience is valued more than your academic profile, however it is also important. You should emphasise gaining some work experience. Also it depends where you want to work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glebp)
    Work experience is valued more than your academic profile, however it is also important. You should emphasise gaining some work experience. Also it depends where you want to work?
    Well, it would be great to work in IB but I don't think that is viable. I think I have the most chances in getting hired in economic research, working in a national bank or doing data analysis for a firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blind Justice)
    Hey guys, so I got a conditional offer to study an MSc in Economics at Durham University, and I know it's a top 10 school for economics and a top 5 school in the UK but I am a little worried.

I am an EU student with no internships/work experience under my belt, and I believe it would be great to work in the UK but I would like to know how good recruiting is at Durham University, what opportunities there are for master's students, how helpful the career services are.Opportunities outside the UK?

What do you think about economics at Durham? is it up and coming? are they investing in staff or trying to attract recruiters?

I would like to hear from current and former students at Durham University but people from other universities can chime in.

Also would it be possible for me to take math courses on the side?

Thank you.
    Hey, I will be applying to Durham University for the 2017 intake so I was wondering if you could tell me how were your grades? So that I can get an idea of what they expect their students to excel in? I have average grades; 6.5/10.

P.S.- I am an international student.

Thank You!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.