Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really need a legit answer on this:
    I think I got a C in unit 3 physics exam but I got a high A in unit 1 an A in unit 2 and an A in my ISA.

WHAT WILL MY OVERALL BE??? PLEASE BE SURE BEFORE YOU ANSWER. WILL I GET MY OVERALL A

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how high your A's are.. and depends on your UMS

I would say for sure either a High B or a Low A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CopyThat)
    Depends on how high your A's are.. and depends on your UMS

I would say for sure either a High B or a Low A
    in unit 1 I'm pretty sure i'm just 2/3 marks away from A* in unit 2 I got around 38 in my ISA I got 43 and I probably got 32 in unit 3 which is a really high C so do you think it's enough for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressed101)
    I think I got a C in unit 3 physics exam but I got a high A in unit 1 an A in unit 2 and an A in my ISA.

WHAT WILL MY OVERALL BE??? PLEASE BE SURE BEFORE YOU ANSWER. WILL I GET MY OVERALL A
    You sound pretty stressed judging by your username.
    If you have some high As or even a low A* and the C is high, you could get an A overall. It all just depends on UMS. My friend got E in their science coursework (because it was marked wrong) but got B in her exams and got a C overall so anything can happen I guess. It all depends on UMS.

ReputationRep:

Yes, it is still possible, if you're on AQA this is how it works:
    For each unit, your raw mark is converted into UMS out of 100

A* - 90
    A - 80
    B -70 so on...

So, for you in particular:
    Unit 1 - You said a high A - Estimated 88 UMS
    Unit 2 - You said an A - 80 UMS
    Unit 3 - You said a C - 60 UMS
    ISA - You said an A - 80 UMS
    Total - 308 - Just under an A (A - 320/400)

So if you got a mid a in Unit 2 and ISA (85) and a mid C in Unit 3 (65) your total would actually come to 323 - just over an A.

Therefore you can still get an A, but it depends on the specific mark you get in each Unit (if it was a low A, mid A, high A for example..) which you can only find out on results day.

Remember that most people, including myself, found Unit 2 and Unit 3 difficult, almost like Unit 1 Biology, so grade boundaries will be lower and you might get a better grade anyway.

So yeah, basically an A is still possible but it really depends on the specific mark you get, and you might (like me) be on the boundary between a B and an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Yes, it is still possible, if you're on AQA this is how it works:
    For each unit, your raw mark is converted into UMS out of 100

A* - 90
    A - 80
    B -70 so on...

So, for you in particular:
    Unit 1 - You said a high A - Estimated 88 UMS
    Unit 2 - You said an A - 80 UMS
    Unit 3 - You said a C - 60 UMS
    ISA - You said an A - 80 UMS
    Total - 308 - Just under an A (A - 320/400)

So if you got a mid a in Unit 2 and ISA (85) and a mid C in Unit 3 (65) your total would actually come to 323 - just over an A.

Therefore you can still get an A, but it depends on the specific mark you get in each Unit (if it was a low A, mid A, high A for example..) which you can only find out on results day.

Remember that most people, including myself, found Unit 2 and Unit 3 difficult, almost like Unit 1 Biology, so grade boundaries will be lower and you might get a better grade anyway.

So yeah, basically an A is still possible but it really depends on the specific mark you get, and you might (like me) be on the boundary between a B and an A
    thank you soo much this made me feel much better. i'm not even that much of a studious person but my mum has really high expextations.. thx

ReputationRep:
    thank you soo much this made me feel much better. i'm not even that much of a studious person but my mum has really high expextations.. thx
    I'm already worried about results day - particularly for Biology and Geography as I want to take them next year, so I want As, but the exams didn't even go that well lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm already worried about results day - particularly for Biology and Geography as I want to take them next year, so I want As, but the exams didn't even go that well lol
    hopefully you will i'm pretty sure the grade boundaries for bio will be low as they were pretty tough and I don't take geography but many of my friends found it hard. history definitely was much better the exam was really straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to bother you again but you said mid A I estimate 38 in my unit 2 is that a mid A??? also I estimate 32/33 for unit 3 and I got 43 on my ISA??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.