Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So maybe 'completely failed' is an over-exaggeration- I think I must have gotten a high B, which is okay I guess, but I was planning on taking maths for A levels and I'm pretty sure the requirements at my school is an A or A*. I can't really compromise on maths- I have to take it as I really want to be an engineer one day, and I don't really have a second choice :/ Anyway, if anyone has been in a similar situation, please let me know if you were able to resolve it and how.
    Oh, and in case you're wondering, the exams I took were the igcse maths paper 3H and 4H.
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Check with your school now - it's probably on their website?

If it's a very high B you might be able to beg yourself onto the course - that's what my sister did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffpuffle)
    Check with your school now - it's probably on their website?

If it's a very high B you might be able to beg yourself onto the course - that's what my sister did
    Thanks. I'm thinking I'm probably going to contact the head of sixth form, but I think my school is kinda strict with things like this. I better get started with the persistent emails and begging now then

ReputationRep:
    get your parents to do something about it, plus if your teacher likes you, exceptions can be made.
    For example someone who got a D in her GCSE maths got into my A level class,
    when my friend who only got a C wasn't let in because favouritism.

Another one of my friends didn't get the requirements for a level biology but she managed to get into the class by getting parents involved. Its your future so do whatever it takes!!!

ReputationRep:
    If you've got any other colleges or 6th forms in the area who have entery requirements of a B you could email or phone them and ask if they have any spaces left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pentaquark)
    get your parents to do something about it, plus if your teacher likes you, exceptions can be made.
    For example someone who got a D in her GCSE maths got into my A level class,
    when my friend who only got a C wasn't let in because favouritism.

Another one of my friends didn't get the requirements for a level biology but she managed to get into the class by getting parents involved. Its your future so do whatever it takes!!!
    You're right, I definitely will push for this. I guess going to a different sixth form is a possibility but that would absolutely be my last resort. Why compromise if there's no need, right?

ReputationRep:
    What were the extenuating circumstances?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.