The Student Room Group

Completely failed maths..

So maybe 'completely failed' is an over-exaggeration- I think I must have gotten a high B, which is okay I guess, but I was planning on taking maths for A levels and I'm pretty sure the requirements at my school is an A or A*. I can't really compromise on maths- I have to take it as I really want to be an engineer one day, and I don't really have a second choice :/ Anyway, if anyone has been in a similar situation, please let me know if you were able to resolve it and how.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, the exams I took were the igcse maths paper 3H and 4H.
Thanks in advance!
Check with your school now - it's probably on their website?

If it's a very high B you might be able to beg yourself onto the course - that's what my sister did
Reply 2
Original post by Fluffpuffle
Check with your school now - it's probably on their website?

If it's a very high B you might be able to beg yourself onto the course - that's what my sister did

Thanks. I'm thinking I'm probably going to contact the head of sixth form, but I think my school is kinda strict with things like this. I better get started with the persistent emails and begging now then :frown::colondollar:
get your parents to do something about it, plus if your teacher likes you, exceptions can be made.
For example someone who got a D in her GCSE maths got into my A level class,
when my friend who only got a C wasn't let in because favouritism. :colonhash:

Another one of my friends didn't get the requirements for a level biology but she managed to get into the class by getting parents involved. Its your future so do whatever it takes!!!
If you've got any other colleges or 6th forms in the area who have entery requirements of a B you could email or phone them and ask if they have any spaces left?
Reply 5
Original post by Pentaquark
get your parents to do something about it, plus if your teacher likes you, exceptions can be made.
For example someone who got a D in her GCSE maths got into my A level class,
when my friend who only got a C wasn't let in because favouritism. :colonhash:

Another one of my friends didn't get the requirements for a level biology but she managed to get into the class by getting parents involved. Its your future so do whatever it takes!!!

You're right, I definitely will push for this. I guess going to a different sixth form is a possibility but that would absolutely be my last resort. Why compromise if there's no need, right?
Reply 6
What were the extenuating circumstances?

Quick Reply

Latest