The Student Room Group

Looking at universities (Psychology)

So I'm about to finish Year 12 and I haven't looked at all at any universities because I've been putting it off thinking it was really far away and just overall procrastinating. Well here we are and I have no choices. My question is which are some I should entertain given I'm predicting myself realistically 'ABB' and ideally a 'AAB' at the end of Year 13 (I live in London btw but not restricted to here, just for reference). Thanks :smile:
Here is a list of universities that offer Psychology degrees with entry requirements of ABB and below.

http://university.which.co.uk/search/course?utf8=%E2%9C%93&c%5Bq%5D=psychology&button=&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_0%5D=2&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_1%5D=3&c%5Bgrade_ALEVEL_2%5D=3&c%5Blower_points_bound%5D=300&c%5Bupper_points_bound%5D=340&c%5Bsort_fact%5D=relevance

But if I were you, I would look beyond entry requirements and research individual degree structures and module options. Psychology degrees can vary a lot; some universities might include a lot of statistics and neuroscience whilst others might focus on social or forensic psychology.
Reply 2
Just looking for a general psych degree since I dont know what i want to specify yet (definetly not neuro though) preferably with a placement year similar to Reading's one but I've heard that particular university isnt that good. Thanks though
Original post by RomNoob
Just looking for a general psych degree since I dont know what i want to specify yet (definetly not neuro though) preferably with a placement year similar to Reading's one but I've heard that particular university isnt that good. Thanks though

But even general psychology degrees can differ a lot in terms of their module make up, which is why I suggest you look at the modules at each university you're interested in before applying!

Quick Reply

Latest