Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have an engineering offer that is ABB with at least a B in maths. I am likely to get BBC with a B in maths.

Does anyone know of loughborugh leniency?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukeproof)
    i have an engineering offer that is ABB with at least a B in maths. I am likely to get BBC with a B in maths.

Depends a lot on what engineering course. What course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I got on to the Civil course with ABC when they wanted AAA however I did have two extra AS Levels at B and D grade; among other things.
    Although worth noting my C grade was a couple of marks off a B grade (fml)

So I'd say pretty lenient, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summit)
    Depends a lot on what engineering course. What course did you apply for?
    civil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    I got on to the Civil course with ABC when they wanted AAA however I did have two extra AS Levels at B and D grade; among other things.
    Although worth noting my C grade was a couple of marks off a B grade (fml)

So I'd say pretty lenient, good luck!
    what a levels did you do? do you know of a lot of people who missed their grades but got in for the civil course?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    what a levels did you do? do you know of a lot of people who missed their grades but got in for the civil course?

thanks
    I did Physics, Maths and Design & Technology (also English Literature and Further Mathematics at AS Level)
    I'm not a L'Boro at the minute so I can't tell you about others unfortunately
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Hi nukeproof

I think this depends really on the volume of applications the department receives and also the grades for these applications, but I would say that our Engineering courses are very popular and much sought-after so this will likely affect grade leniency in this instance. The best people to check with would be the admissions office for the Department of Civil and Building Engineering - you can get them on 01509 222637 or at [email protected]

Hope this helps

Amy

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.