The Student Room Group

Have you ever rejected anyone?

Just curious...
How did you reject them.Was it a simple "No" face to face or was it very sad and emotional?

Scroll to see replies

Never had the opportunity!
Reply 2
Only not encouraged on a couple of occasions when I sensed interest and wasn't up for it. I've always though that attractive girls must get to PhD level in this skill very quickly.
Reply 3
Emotional because I'm so bad at it, second hand embarrassment and only when they made it adamantly clear - just said I wasnt looking for a relationship and they agreed to be friends and then disappeared after a while :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
[QUOTE=Aykem;65883796]Emotional because I'm so bad at it, second hand embarrassment, but just said I wasnt looking for a relationship and they agreed to be friends and then disappeared after a while :biggrin:
Yes, friends doesn't really work if you fancy the pants off someone.
well when i know they are looking for something I tell them quickly what my situation is or what i want and try to keep them as friends, in the end they see they lost and avoid me lel
Original post by tamil fever
Just curious...
How did you reject them.Was it a simple "No" face to face or was it very sad and emotional?

I have, there's been the serious ones and the calm ones, the emotional ones and flat out-right "No" ones. Most often than not I reject and friend zone them bc I mean I'd rather a friendship than a relationship any day. People usually value friends than partners bc usually long lasting but my opinion.
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
Yes, friends doesn't really work if you fancy the pants off someone.

Yeah, I know, thats why it confused me when they insisted :s-smilie:
Reply 8
[QUOTE=Aykem;65884028]Yeah, I know, thats why it confused me when they insisted :s-smilie:Seems like a good idea at the time, also because fancying someone has a friendship component, but subsequently you realise it pretty humiliating and unsatisfactory.
Reply 9
Yes I've rejected someone face to face and over text before. Its not nice and are you want to be as gentle as possible but still firm enough so that they definitely know where they stand and that they shouldn't try and hold onto you any more and that they have to move on.

I've been rejected more than I've rejected people though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
*In a sweet quiet voice* "No, I'm sorry." I'm really shy and timid so I don't put that voice on :lol: I think it makes the rejection come across a little less rude
Yes. Always honestly and in person.
You have balls. Have you ever rejected somebody because you werent attracted to them
Original post by hezzlington
You have balls. Have you ever rejected somebody because you werent attracted to them

Yes, but there were other things that made me feel incompatible with the person so I was able to avoid mentioning lack of physical attraction. Not for fear of being honest, but being rejected is enough of a self-esteem hit.
Original post by tamil fever
Just curious...

Never have because i'm a recluse
I have you down as a windows xp kinda gal.
how dare u :unimpressed:

u must give in to the windows 10 empire :fuhrer:
No, cos no-one has ever wanted me lol

apart from that drunk guy who came up and asked for my number, sexy af :sexface:

Spoiler

I dunno. Everyone loves windows xp. The compliment backfired.

:facepalm:
Original post by Aykem
Emotional because I'm so bad at it, second hand embarrassment and only when they made it adamantly clear - just said I wasnt looking for a relationship and they agreed to be friends and then disappeared after a while :biggrin:

Exactly this. Horrid business tbh. Incredibly embarrassing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending