Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I'm considering applying for Economics at either Durham or Warwick but I'm not sure if my GCSEs will let me down.
    I got 2A*s (Maths and Biology) and 9AsFor A level I'm doing Economics, Maths, Geography and Computer Science
    I'm hoping for an A*A*AA prediction - but I've been told with the new a level system some Unis won't look at your AS levels as not all schools would have done them, and therefore they'll place for emphasis on GCSEs and qualifications already completed.
    If anyone is currently studying Economics at Durham and wouldn't mind sharing their GCSE results I'd be really gratefulThanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swingrx)
    Hi,I'm considering applying for Economics at either Durham or Warwick but I'm not sure if my GCSEs will let me down.
    I got 2A*s (Maths and Biology) and 9AsFor A level I'm doing Economics, Maths, Geography and Computer Science
    I'm hoping for an A*A*AA prediction - but I've been told with the new a level system some Unis won't look at your AS levels as not all schools would have done them, and therefore they'll place for emphasis on GCSEs and qualifications already completed.
    If anyone is currently studying Economics at Durham and wouldn't mind sharing their GCSE results I'd be really gratefulThanks a lot
    I'm in the same position, albeit with worse GCSEs.

I could be predicted A*A*A, A*A*B or A*AA and got 1A*s, 5As and 5Bs. However I came in the top 10% of my year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I'm in the same position, albeit with worse GCSEs.

I could be predicted A*A*A, A*A*B or A*AA and got 1A*s, 5As and 5Bs. However I came in the top 10% of my year.
    Don't worry about your GCSE's. You'd make a very competitive applicant for Economics. Just make sure you apply to your strengths (e.g. Oxford actually care a lot about GCSEs and give them much more weight when deciding on applicants, so you'd want to avoid them - They do Econ & Management anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    Don't worry about your GCSE's. You'd make a very competitive applicant for Economics. Just make sure you apply to your strengths (e.g. Oxford actually care a lot about GCSEs and give them much more weight when deciding on applicants, so you'd want to avoid them - They do Econ & Management anyway).
    Even if I got all A*s I would never apply to Oxford! Too close to home!

I just hope I haven't done as badly as I think in some of my exams, I know realistically I will have to retake 2 exams but I'm hoping these two exams won't bring down my overall AS grade.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.