Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that i don't want to give my revision notes to people, cus I know that the more people that do bad, the lower the grade boundaries will be.
    Like after I've done my exams then I always give my stuff to the lower years but theres's a lot of ppl on tsr in my year, who are requesting notes which i could easily give, but i'm just too selfish to give them.

Is there anyone else like this?
    or are all of you extremely generous and wish well for everyone, even if it could indirectly be to the detriment of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    The number of people you help would not be high enough to have an effect on grade boundaries.

Otherwise, it's your call. Do what you want.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the post above, even if you post all your notes on tsr, the grade boundaries would remain the same because it would only help such a small proportion of the ppl taking your exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
    Is it bad that i don't want to give my revision notes to people, cus I know that the more people that do bad, the lower the grade boundaries will be.
    Like after I've done my exams then I always give my stuff to the lower years but theres's a lot of ppl on tsr in my year, who are requesting notes which i could easily give, but i'm just too selfish to give them.

or are all of you extremely generous and wish well for everyone, even if it could indirectly be to the detriment of yourself.
    i always help people if they need it, though I don't give notes as I don't use them , I help them if they have a question or a quick reminder

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is selfish mate. I asked someone in one of my class if she would share notes with me on the units I missed and she said yes, but she never got back to me. Thought she was a decent person, I've avoided her ever since.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would do it if someone had asked me but they are your notes and you did spend time on them so I don't think you are selfish for not wanting to just give them away after all that hard work.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I agree with BasicMistake. I find it helpful to share notes and talk to other people. After my GCSEs I gave all of my stuff to some people in the year below and sold my revision guides.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt not giving your revision notes to people would make a massive difference to be honest, since there will be many people not on TSR who will also be taking the same exams as you.

When I was in sixth form, I gave my subject notes to the disability support department so that they could be photocopied for any students with special needs who were struggling to keep up, or if their note taker couldn't make it to the lesson etc. Wishing for people to do badly is not a good attitude to have. How would you feel if you missed lessons for example, and then everyone refused to give you any notes?

ReputationRep:
    what goes around comes around...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)

No it's completely fair enough. I released my 2 sets of economics notes on tsr last year and they both collectively got over 40,000 downloads, so it's probably wise to be careful. I may have not been the only reason the grade boundaries went up, but I certainly contributed lol
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I always try to help people if they need it with revision. I printed off about 6 copies of all my notes for RS to give to my friends, as we hadn't been taught some of the content and I didn't want them to just struggle. I also took pictures of every necessary page in my geography revision guide to send to my friend, as I accidentally bought a different one than school recommended which actually turned out to be better in the end. I send science notes to someone in TSR to help them get as high grades as they can as well. I don't mind helping people as long as they appreciate it - if I started getting taken advantage of then I'd stop and let them down gently because that's just plain rude.

I don't think it's fair, and yes I do think it's selfish to deliberately not share notes with someone who asks politely, simply to benefit yourself. Exam results aren't everything you know. Just share your notes and then you can all celebrate together when you get your results. Not everything's a competition, take a step back and do the good thing.

ReputationRep:
    If people are too lazy to turn up or do the work themselves then I certainly wouldn't share.

If it's for a genuine reason (Like I had a funeral over a tutorial, or perhaps being ill), then I'd share then - I'd want the favour reiterated (and sadly in the former case they never bothered to get back to me)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.