Impossible to get a c at a level maths:(

Watch this thread
Byronicboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I sat the d1 paper today and I did so crap, I know I have a U because I could only get 20 marks.

C1-65
C2- SORRY CORE 2 is 65 UMS
D1-0
S1-65
C3- predicted 65 UMS
C4-predicted 62 UMS

^ Hypothetically speaking if I get those predicted UMS in c3 c4 are my chances of a C at a level maths gone?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Byronicboy)
Hi,

I sat the d1 paper today and I did so crap, I know I have a U because I could only get 20 marks.

C1-65
C2-62
D1-0
S1-65
C3- predicted 65 UMS
C4-predicted 62 UMS

^ Hypothetically speaking if I get those predicted UMS in c3 c4 are my chances of a C at a level maths gone?
You'd either get a very high D or a low C. You'll still get some UMS from D1 and maybe more than you think in C3/C4.

Good luck! and if it goes well on results day, I'd be interested to see how you actually did.
Byronicboy
Rep:
(Original post by SeanFM)
You'd either get a very high D or a low C. You'll still get some UMS from D1 and maybe more than you think in C3/C4.

Good luck! and if it goes well on results day, I'd be interested to see how you actually did.
How many UMS for 20 marks in D1? Is there a chance of evening getting a C? Realistically speaking I cannot hack the maths in c3/c4 I'm getting C's in the past papers. I really need a C
klosovic
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
If you get that predicted UMS, you will get a D overall.

You will need to get an average of 84+ in C3 and C4 to get a C overall.
Byronicboy
Rep:
(Original post by klosovic)

Oh no! How many marks in 84 UMS?
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
How many UMS for 20 marks in D1? Is there a chance of evening getting a C? Realistically speaking I cannot hack the maths in c3/c4 I'm getting C's in the past papers. I really need a C
Check out past grade boundaries and see how much 20 gets you. But to be honest, the focus should be more on doing as well as you can in C3/C4. There is definitely getting a chance of a C, but it'll depend on how you do in the remaining exams.
klosovic
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Oh no! How many marks in 84 UMS?
it changes every year. Search on google for your exam board's UMS calculator.

Also now you have edited C2 to 65 you will only need to average 82.5+ UMS in C3 and 4
Byronicboy
Rep:
(Original post by SeanFM)
Check out past grade boundaries and see how much 20 gets you. But to be honest, the focus should be more on doing as well as you can in C3/C4. There is definitely getting a chance of a C, but it'll depend on how you do in the remaining exams.

It says U is 0 UMS
klosovic
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It says U is 0 UMS
the UMS gets you the grade, not the grade gives you the UMS.

So you most likely have some UMS in D1.
Byronicboy
Rep:
the UMS gets you the grade, not the grade gives you the UMS.

So you most likely have some UMS in D1.

I've got 20 marks in d1 how many UMS ?
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It says U is 0 UMS
Just because you get a U with 20/75 raw marks, doesn't mean you get 0 UMS! In 2015 for example, 20 marks was 20 UMS.

So combine that, and if you try to get more marks in C3/C4 then it is very possible to get a C overall.
klosovic
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I've got 20 marks in d1 how many UMS ?
probably around 15-25 but depends how hard the paper was.
Reda2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You still have plenty of time until C3 & C4, get your head down, use all 24 hours of the day properly. Concentrate on your weak topics watch videos on them in examsolutions, always work on your weaknesses, don't do questions that you always get right, that's waste of time. You can get 100 UMS in C3 & C4 if you really want it.
M14B
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

I would agree to this
Byronicboy
Rep:
Thanks everyone for your help!!! I will start on past papers now.
Byronicboy
Rep:
One question: how many marks do I need to secure for c3/c4 for a C
Lauren2812
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Last year, 36 marks was 40 UMS and 0 marks was 0 UMS. Therefore 20 marks would be somewhere in between. Anyway, you have probably done better than you think in D1.
Lauren2812
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
C overall or C in those papers? For the papers, look at grade boundaries.

E.g. https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Boundaries.pdf
Byronicboy
Rep:
(Original post by Lozzie97)
C overall or C in those papers? For the papers, look at grade boundaries.

E.g. https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Boundaries.pdf
C in those papers
klosovic
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It is different for every paper, as i said search google for your exam board's UMS calculator.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
21.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.7%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
26.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
23.91%

Watched Threads