Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    say someone thought they'd get a minimum of AABB (4 a-levels) & AB (2 AS-levels -> the A is in General studies, so doesn't really count) - also 4A* & 6A at GCSE - and then she or he would apply for courses that require CDD or CCC - does this happen often?

ReputationRep:
    It's possible, if they wanted a really low insurance offer.

ReputationRep:
    or if they really wanted to go to that uni for some personal reason...... or like my girlfreind who is doing a course offerd by only 4 uni's as she is certian what she wants to do after its the right course for her and dispite going to the best of thesse unis her offer is still only CCD and she is going to get far more im sure ....... so yeah anything is possible

ReputationRep:
    yeah so if the course was that low, but you were that high - do you think the universit(ies) in question, would question you about that difference in marks and whether you should be opting for something with higher grades and more demanding>

ReputationRep:
    This sort of happened to be but not really on purpose more because it was the best university that did the course I wanted to localy that I could get in.

My course wanted 220 points but I got 280 points.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.