Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got a one day external exclusion how will it affect me? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in year 9 and I got a 1 day external (at home) exclusion because a teacher caught me with a shisha pen will it affect my chances of getting into uni/college/whatever? I am an extremely well behaved child but it was just the one moment that let me down.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by yazan.sayed)
    I am currently in year 9 and I got a 1 day external (at home) exclusion because a teacher caught me with a shisha pen will it affect my chances of getting into uni/college/whatever? I am an extremely well behaved child but it was just the one moment that let me down.
    I've had a one day inclusion before for something.. I shouldn't have done. Also fancied my teacher and got told off for it. These things don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Here I am at uni.

Just don't go down a long, dark road and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    In Year 7 to 8 I was one of the worst behaved pupils in the school... I guess I just didn't appreciate the education I was given (incredibly stupid). I was excluded, internally, around 6 times over this period. Two of the reasons were much more severe than yours and I'm now finished with secondary school. However, from Year 9 and on-wards my behavior was impeccable. I got into all the sixth forms/colleges I applied to and the previous behavioral issues had no bearing on their decision; in-fact, it wasn't even brought up or discussed in the interview. Just don't do it again, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisbey)
    In Year 7 to 8 I was one of the worst behaved pupils in the school... I guess I just didn't appreciate the education I was given (incredibly stupid). I was excluded, internally, around 6 times over this period. Two of the reasons were much more severe than yours and I'm now finished with secondary school. However, from Year 9 and on-wards my behavior was impeccable. I got into all the sixth forms/colleges I applied to and the previous behavioral issues had no bearing on their decision; in-fact, it wasn't even brought up or discussed in the interview. Just don't do it again, you'll be fine.
    thanks so much i was worried for a second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I've had a one day inclusion before for something.. I shouldn't have done. Also fancied my teacher and got told off for it. These things don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Here I am at uni.

Just don't go down a long, dark road and you'll be fine.
    Thank you thank you thank you i was so scared i wouldn't get a uni or something but its all good.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you thank you thank you i was so scared i wouldn't get a uni or something but its all good.
    this is so cringy but your in year 9 so i'll let you off

no offense but its quite obvious that unis wont reject you for something you did 4-5 years ago...unless you were a madman who set fire or was the regular trouble maker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Also fancied my teacher and got told off for it.
    :teehee::teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    this is so cringy but your in year 9 so i'll let you off

no offense but its quite obvious that unis wont reject you for something you did 4-5 years ago...unless you were a madman who set fire or was the regular trouble maker
    Hehe thanks i was worried for a second there

ReputationRep:
    Hehe thanks i was worried for a second there
    aha its normal, when i got my first and last detention in year 8, i thought my life was over, that i was going to get kicked out and be rejected from uni and prevented from sitting my gcses in 3 years. oh how i loved 13 year old logic

ReputationRep:
    nah, don't worry, your teachers would probably be honest on a reference for college if you were terrible but that doesn't mean anyone is every going to find out about one exclusion, you don't have a 'permanent record' or anything, your college/uni will probably never know

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.