The Student Room Group

I feel so guilty

A girl ask me out and I basically said no because I don't want a relationship right now and I don't really feel any emotions. I never really thought in that way about her. And now I feel really guilty and bad that I might (am sure I have) hurt her. I don't know what to do. I really need help. I can't stop thinking about it.
Thank you
Better you say no before anything happens than let her go down the road thinking it is actually going somewhere before it hits a dead end...
Best way to look at it.
Yeah it sucks, but better to do it now. Maybe ask her to hang out, as friends, because I bet right now she is mortified that she even asked you.
Dude, you may feel guilty for rejecting her. But trust me you did nothing wrong. Its better to say no now then decide to be all nice and date her when you actually are not interested or attracted to her. Think of it all this way. Imagine if you said yes. Ok? You were all Mr Nice Guy. You felt good that you were being kind. In this scenario you may not feel like you did nothing wrong but TRUST me you actually did. You would have drawn yourself into a toxic relationship which consists of one-sided love (she loves you BUT you don't love her) so you would have hurt the girl more in this way. Had you said yes.
Original post by Potatoo
A girl ask me out and I basically said no because I don't want a relationship right now and I don't really feel any emotions. I never really thought in that way about her. And now I feel really guilty and bad that I might (am sure I have) hurt her. I don't know what to do. I really need help. I can't stop thinking about it.
Thank you

Ask her if she's ok.
Reply 5
Original post by Scienceisgood
Better you say no before anything happens than let her go down the road thinking iis actually going somewhere before it hits a dead end...
Best way to look at it.

Right thank you
Reply 6
Original post by 34908seikj
Yeah it sucks, but better to do it now. Maybe ask her to hang out, as friends, because I bet right now she is mortified that she even asked you.

I kinda asked her if we can still be frinds and she said ofcourse. But don't know if she meant it
Reply 7
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Dude, you may feel guilty for rejecting her. But trust me you did nothing wrong. Its better to say no now then decide to be all nice and date her when you actually are not interested or attracted to her. Think of it all this way. Imagine if you said yes. Ok? You were all Mr Nice Guy. You felt good that you were being kind. In this scenario you may not feel like you did nothing wrong but TRUST me you actually did. You would have drawn yourself into a toxic relationship which consists of one-sided love (she loves you BUT you don't love her) so you would have hurt the girl more in this way. Had you said yes.

Yeahmakes sense man thanks
Original post by Potatoo
Yeahmakes sense man thanks

I'm a girl. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Ask her if she's ok.

I did message her but i don't think I have the guts to speak to her in real life tbh. She said thats fine if you don't want it
Original post by Potatoo
Thank you

Don't feel guilty. You sound like a lovely compassionate person and you were under no obligation to say yes. You are in the best position to judge this situation. If you think talking it over with her would help, then do. If you think it would only upset her more, give it some time.
Reply 11
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I'm a girl. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Woops sorry my bad. Well i git really focys on reading your reply i never saw the name sorry
Original post by Potatoo
Woops sorry my bad. Well i git really focys on reading your reply i never saw the name sorry

Its ok. :colondollar:
Reply 13
Original post by Platopus
Don't feel guilty. You sound like a lovely compassionate person and you were under no obligation to say yes. You are in the best position to judge this situation. If you think talking it over with her would help, then do. If you think it would only upset her more, give it some time.

Right I think i'll give it a week maybe two before speaking to her again. Thanks
Original post by Potatoo
I did message her but i don't think I have the guts to speak to her in real life tbh. She said thats fine if you don't want it

Boy, talking irl is your best bet. Anyone can lie on message like come on :laugh:
Reply 15
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Boy, talking irl is your best bet. Anyone can lie on message like come on :laugh:

Yeah, fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending