The Student Room Group
Reply 1
musicboy
I am leaving to go on school orchestra tour to Venice this morning so won't be around for a while. I will try and log in during the week so that I can flame any idiots etc. have a good week and talk to you all later,

MB

Lol.....Enjoy yourself and take care!
p.s.Wow, no one bothered..they all must be asleep...
Reply 2
kool kool, I went to france and germany with my orchestra last year and it was good fun, whats you repotoire like? And good luck!!!!
Reply 3
historyhoney
kool kool, I went to france and germany with my orchestra last year and it was good fun, whats you repotoire like? And good luck!!!!

Messiah - playing 1st trumpet cos the other trumpet players are too crap to do the high stuff. Also doing a Malccolm arnold thing with little orchesstra and a piece which the school commissioned.

MB
Reply 4
oo, I'm doing that in october at the albert hall, the messiah that is.
Reply 5
laters dude, have fun!
Reply 6
historyhoney
oo, I'm doing that in october at the albert hall, the messiah that is.

Why on earth would you do it in the albert hall? The space is far too big. It is much nicer wwith a small choir and small orchestra (4 to a part or so)

MB
Reply 7
its one of those all schools get together doing it from scratch on the day, apart from its the teachers who do it not the children, I was asked because I think our school needed more people. It twill be good experience! and will sound nice, although probably not as good as when I did it at eton hall
Reply 8
historyhoney
its one of those all schools get together doing it from scratch on the day, apart from its the teachers who do it not the children, I was asked because I think our school needed more people. It twill be good experience! and will sound nice, although probably not as good as when I did it at eton hall

Cool, Are the soloists pros?

MB
Reply 9
I have no idea, a teacher just came up to me, and said, 'youve sang the messiah before right?' Iand I was like yeah, then she was like we have an extra ticket to sing it - do you want to? So I was like yeah okay, I dont actually know anything about it! :tongue:
Reply 10
have fun MB
neha
xxxx
Have a GREAT time
Reply 12
my dad goes to the albert hall ( on occasion ) to watch leslie garrett perform

just thought i'd share :tongue:
Toodles MB, have a good trip.
musicboy
I am leaving to go on school orchestra tour to Venice this morning so won't be around for a while. I will try and log in during the week so that I can flame any idiots etc. have a good week and talk to you all later,

MB

Have fun!
Reply 15
Hope you're having fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending