Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've just done my M1 exam, which did not go too well... over-complicated few questions and generally frustrated by the maths exams this year, as I've worked bloody hard for them and I consider myself good at maths.

I did OCR (non MEI) and in C1, I got 60 (out of 72), in C2 - 65/72, in M1 - 52/72... not great...

Would I still be able to get A, or is is defo a B? I really don't want to resit next year...

Thanks for your help!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Generally maths was quite difficult this year, so expect grade boundaries to be lower than usual.

You've definitely got quite a lot of UMS marks for core 1 i reckon that will be around 85 UMS and around the same in core 2. That means you only need to get a B (70 UMS) in M1 to come out with an A and last year 52 marks was a B.

You will definitely get a B, but you're border lining the A, it just depends how low the grade boundaries are. But I'm pretty confident you might just get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruce267099)
    Generally maths was quite difficult this year, so expect grade boundaries to be lower than usual.

You've definitely got quite a lot of UMS marks for core 1 i reckon that will be around 85 UMS and around the same in core 2. That means you only need to get a B (70 UMS) in M1 to come out with an A and last year 52 marks was a B.

You will definitely get a B, but you're border lining the A, it just depends how low the grade boundaries are. But I'm pretty confident you might just get it.
    C1 record low boundary was 54/72- this paper was much harder.
    C2- i reckon around 56 for A
    S1- i reckon around 55 for an A?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 19, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.