Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received a conditional offer for my insurance choice but I live too far away and if my firm choice were to go under then that means I'll be needing to apply for accommodation for my other choice. However when will I need to do that? Now or until I'm sure I have a place in that university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicoleHelena)
    I received a conditional offer for my insurance choice but I live too far away and if my firm choice were to go under then that means I'll be needing to apply for accommodation for my other choice. However when will I need to do that? Now or until I'm sure I have a place in that university?
    I have exactly the same worries :/ My insurance in Manchester and I live in London, so if I end up getting my insurance, I might have nowhere to stay? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to apply for accommodation as its my insurance...or is it possible for me to apply for accommodation after results day?

ReputationRep:
    The first time I went to uni a few years back it worked that you applied for accommodation at your firm and you could not apply at your second as they didn't accept non firms, but because lots of people have conditional offers there's usually space and my old uni at least kept space for people who had put them as second and couldn't apply before results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the uni. Most will only let you apply for a firm choice until results day. After which, the left over people get to apply.
    Some universities will allow insurance people to apply at the same time as firm. So just check the uni website and look at accommodation section. There should be information for applying or a FAQ section

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.