How can I start revising for my AS levels next year? Watch

TheAdviser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Today was the last day of my GCSE exams. I want to be better prepared for my A-levels than I was for my GCSE exams. The AS levels I have chosen are as follows:
Maths mechanics
Physics
Chemistry
Further Maths/Economics (Still thinking about it)
Where do I start to learn the content for these subjects???
Peppercrunch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheAdviser)
Today was the last day of my GCSE exams. I want to be better prepared for my A-levels than I was for my GCSE exams. The AS levels I have chosen are as follows:
Maths mechanics
Physics
Chemistry
Further Maths/Economics (Still thinking about it)
Where do I start to learn the content for these subjects???
Uhm, are you sure you want to start this early? It's better to actually enjoy the 10 week holiday as A levels are a completely new level (with chemistry anyways).

However, for just looking at things broadly, you could look at Knockhardy for chemistry notes (these aren't very in depth but give you an idea), and for maths, you could look at past papers or watch a bit of examsolutions to give you a feel for what you could be studying. There's not really any point in studying like mad for them now.

No idea for physics of further maths.
Raizelcadres
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, these are some advices which I wish i had done myself. Time management is of the most important things to do, when you learn the content for a subject make sure you go over it and in a week at least go over it twice so you don't forget it. Past papers are crucial so you can get hang of the style of questions that will be thrown at you, so do as many as you can and when doing the past paper make sure you are in a quiet area and set a timer. Also when marking your paper be extra strict, if you think you will generous give the paper to someone else so they can mark it for you. Make sure you attend every lesson and do the h/w as they help you to understand better. Best of luck for your GCSE results and future A levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.38%
No (212)
32.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed