Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start an electrical and electronic BENG at university and have accepted an offer from both universities and have a choice to choose between the two.
    I am having trouble choosing between the two. I have heard nothing but great things about each university.
    I know that the university of Nottingham is campus based and outside the city so I'll be around students all the time whereas Leeds in close to the city which is nothing special for me as I'm from London.
    In terms of social life, research, facilities, social environment and lecture quality and availability outside of lecturers.
    Any advice/ opinion will be appriciated.
    If you have any friends whom go to either univerty, let me know who they like it and what they think about it.

I have about a week left till I have to choose.

Thanks.
    Meti

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metimts)
    I am having trouble choosing between the two. I have heard nothing but great things about each university.
    I know that the university of Nottingham is campus based and outside the city so I'll be around students all the time whereas Leeds in close to the city which is nothing special for me as I'm from London.
    In terms of social life, research, facilities, social environment and lecture quality and availability outside of lecturers.
    You're more likely to get stabbed in Leeds. Might be a factor to consider?
    Honestly though, Nottingham's campus is really great so if there is nothing else to persuade you either way, then it's got to be their campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goatygoat)
    Honestly though, Nottingham's campus is really great so if there is nothing else to persuade you either way, then it's got to be their campus.
    I totally agree. I went there for an open day loved the campus. In terms of rankings, Leeds is higher in my subject and overall. When I compared on uni stats, Leeds has an higher % score in terms of what the students think about the lecturers teaching, the feed
    back they get and more.
    Does ranking and all that really matter?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I know a few people who have gone to Nottingham and they loved it, one got a top job in London afterwards and another carried on living there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metimts)
    Does ranking and all that really matter?
    Short answer no. I know someone who went to Lincoln although they could've easily got into any decent Russell group university, simply because they liked it. They still got into the the career they wanted, after all experience trumps the name of the uni you went to. This might be quite an extreme example but a couple of percentage points on a stupid survey isn't going to mean the world! Unless there is something seriously wrong with the uni, then you should definitely trust your gut over some statistics. Though, it might be worth researching further into exactly how the 2 courses differ in the way they are taught, assessed etc to truly see what fits you best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goatygoat)
    nah mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.