Want to start GAMING Watch

isabere
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
CALLING ALL GAMERS!

For the past 3 months or so I've really been into the whole idea of gaming but never really taken it up because I just don't know where to start.

What are the best game consoles?
Best gaming youtube channels?
How much money am I going to have to invest?.. (or my parents)
Any recommendations??

I currently have found my brother's old PS3 set (haven't used it in yearsss) He has games like Crysis 2, Resistance 2, Fight Night Round 4, Heavy rain, Fifa, Killzone 3 etcc

Should I start playing these and get some good technique and then move on to the better ones... it's just that they're quite old and not that popular anymore - the walkthroughs and gameplays are like from 2013 .

With the summer holidays coming up I've got sooooo much time to get into gaming so, I'd really appreciate some tips please
physicsphysics91
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Get a PS4 and play games like Uncharted 4, probs a good place to start. You can get decent PS4 bundles for around £270.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you can game with a computer, start with League of legends which is free but one of the most popular game. i dont know about any other consoles apart from nintendo DS :rofl:
gwagon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am a gamer but I would suggest finding something better to do, like learning a skill(coding maybe?).
Because at the end of the day gaming doesn't really help you much unless you play competitively(you can make an income out of it).
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by gwagon)
I am a gamer but I would suggest finding something better to do, like learning a skill(coding maybe?).
Because at the end of the day gaming doesn't really help you much unless you play competitively(you can make an income out of it).
Gaming is fun. That's the point. People use their time in loads of ways that would be 'better' spent learning a skill but they don't, there is nothing wrong with doing things just because you enjoy them.

As for OP. If you don't have a console already, have a look about on PC for free to play games yu think you might enjoy, if you do look for other games that are similair that you also might enjoy. Once you have an idea for what you like, go look for more of that sort of thing.

There really is no proper way to do this. Find something you enjoy, then do that is all it really boils down to.
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Since you have a PS3 no point in buying a new console, waste of money and PS3 games are dirt cheap now, less than a school dinner.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/gam...ered?sort=desc

Work your way down the list, avoid all sports games on it.
alkaline.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is it really about old and new unless you want to play live? or are already into gaming...
just play what you enjoy and i rate the post above ^^^
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by gwagon)
You could get a job in game development,design,marketing,jou rnalism,management, testing etc.

Nothing wrong with gaming aslong as you dont neglect your studies
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by isabere)
CALLING ALL GAMERS!

For the past 3 months or so I've really been into the whole idea of gaming but never really taken it up because I just don't know where to start.

Any recommendations??

I currently have found my brother's old PS3 set (haven't used it in yearsss) He has games like Crysis 2, Resistance 2, Fight Night Round 4, Heavy rain, Fifa, Killzone 3 etcc

Should I start playing these and get some good technique and then move on to the better ones... it's just that they're quite old and not that popular anymore - the walkthroughs and gameplays are like from 2013 .

With the summer holidays coming up I've got sooooo much time to get into gaming so, I'd really appreciate some tips please

What are your intrests out of gaming (give me an indication of ehat games you would like) also do youbhave friends wjo game?
xhannahmariex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I started with Hearthstone, it's free, gets you used to the type of thinking you need for later online games like World Of Warcraft etc.
The most popular games are normally from Blizzard, who do killer cinematics for almost all their games, so they are worth checking out and then you can see which ones interest you (normally on YouTube)
World of Warcraft is a good online platform although there is a game charge and then a monthly one as well, but definitely worth it
NandoAF
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Starting off with PS3 is a good idea, and in a year or so when PS4 prices drop, grab one of them (unless you want to spend more by that point). Portal 2, Skyrim and the Last of Us are all great, and don't really require fast reflexes like COD or Fifa would.
Best advice is to find a genre you like, and have fun .
Abstract_Prism
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those games that your brother has are pretty good OP, just play those. You don't need the most recent releases.Those games aren't even that old anyway.
Joshuamarv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Grab a PS3 or 360 to get you started. No real need to pay out for a great console when these oldies have an awesome back catalogue.
Samz15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Step 1: Get Xbox one
Step 2: Purchase Ea Access ( 3pound a month, 20pound a year)

You now have access to games such as:
FIFA 16
NHL 16
PGA Tour
UFC
Madden 16
Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield 4
Dragonage Inquisition
Titanfall

And Many more

If you don't believe me: http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html
Scroll down to Vault.

Note: FIFA 17 Comes out September/ will only join vault April/May
Same goes for most games.
If you want FIFA 17 when it comes out you must pay the retail price usually 45 quid
username2269391
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only for the hardcore
Spoiler:
Show
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, play the PS3 and some of the games that seem interesting to you. I can't tell you what the best games are, only what's best for me, and we all like different games. Try Heavy Rain. While it's written by a manchild and doesn't have much 'gameplay', I reckon you'll like it. Killzone 3 is good, but if you don't like shooters you might not like it, you don't know until you try. This is the case with any genre. Same with music and films and books and food and everything else.

You have a free console and games there, find out what you like.

You don't have to buy the latest stuff, you might find you enjoy the Mega Drive and Sonic more than the PS4 and Uncharted 4. Or the other way around. Gaming is quite cheap, but you initially have to invest in that console or PC to play it on. A PS4 will be about £200 pre-owned, a Dreamcast not so much, a Mega Drive even less. But with games, you can buy one, play one, then sell it, so it won't have cost you much. Digital games are different though, you can't sell those, but on PC they can be very cheap anyway.
LoveMessi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any recommendations??

I think you want to play game. You may start game on XBOX or PC. I am playing on PC. Because it is cheap.
Best game videos ? It depends on game. Different game have different gamer. There have many channels are awesome.
Money i think it depends game too. Such as WOW is very expensive, but Fallout 4 is cheaper. I was got my fallout 4 less than 30 $ on scdkey.

Surely if you choose free game. then no payment needed. But it seems no fun. I want to play new game too. There have Overwatch, heart of iron and FIFA 17. So it depends your like. Just choose a game in your style. Good luck and enjoy your game.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Get an N64 and go from there.
MrFudgeTheGuy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
Get an N64 and go from there.
Amen. Conkers bad Fur day is the ****
MrFudgeTheGuy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Samz15)
Step 1: Get Xbox one
Step 2: Purchase Ea Access ( 3pound a month, 20pound a year)

You now have access to games such as:
FIFA 16
NHL 16
PGA Tour
UFC
Madden 16
Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield 4
Dragonage Inquisition
Titanfall

And Many more

If you don't believe me: http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html
Scroll down to Vault.

Note: FIFA 17 Comes out September/ will only join vault April/May
Same goes for most games.
If you want FIFA 17 when it comes out you must pay the retail price usually 45 quid
Or get a PC and get EA Access. But no one really has that ****. Unless you play sports games. If you play sports games, go outside and play sports you lazy wazzock.

Overall PC is cheaper anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (173)
24.3%
Pop (176)
24.72%