Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer for Aston University to study Computer Science. I'm currently studying ICT, Physics and Computer Science. I need an A in ICT and a B in the other two. I'm confident I can achieve the A in ICT and B in Computer Science but a B in physics seems almost impossible to me. I'm honestly unsure if I'll even get a C. I just want to know what my chances are of getting in if I achieve ABC or ACC. I know many things are considered when it comes to accepting people but I want to know where I stand and how lenient they are. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    They are i heard.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how lenient they are with less popular courses like english language?

ReputationRep:
    If it helps I've applied for Psychology BSc. My offer is ABB. I discussed their leniency with an admissions tutor and confirmed it via email.

Spoiler:
    Show

"To clarify, what I actually said during the open day was that the only way to guarantee a place is to meet our offer (ABB). However, it is the case that we would expect to accept most of not all students achieving BBB (or equivalent including ABC), particularly if they have other qualifications that carry UCAS tariff points (e.g. AS or extended project)"

Essentially, there is some leeway (may vary depending on course) by the sound of the above quote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayhay)
    If it helps I've applied for Psychology BSc. My offer is ABB. I discussed their leniency with an admissions tutor and confirmed it via email.

Spoiler:
    Show

"To clarify, what I actually said during the open day was that the only way to guarantee a place is to meet our offer (ABB). However, it is the case that we would expect to accept most of not all students achieving BBB (or equivalent including ABC), particularly if they have other qualifications that carry UCAS tariff points (e.g. AS or extended project)"

Essentially, there is some leeway (may vary depending on course) by the sound of the above quote
    Thanks that makes me feel a lot better! Good luck😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.