Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know why I seem to meet emotionally unavailable guys. This can be online or in person. The guy will show interest and then as soon as he knows it could go somewhere he withdraws and disappears. When I find out more about the guys backgrounds they tend to have had absent or distant parents in childhood and as a result have not had a relationship in years or never had a relationship. I really don't like the mind games they play by showing interest and leaving when they have no intention of over getting involved with anyone. I can't understand why they don't get help or therapy before jumping into the dating scene leading everyone on. Where can I meet people without these major problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know why I seem to meet emotionally unavailable guys. This can be online or in person. The guy will show interest and then as soon as he knows it could go somewhere he withdraws and disappears. When I find out more about the guys backgrounds they tend to have had absent or distant parents in childhood and as a result have not had a relationship in years or never had a relationship. I really don't like the mind games they play by showing interest and leaving when they have no intention of over getting involved with anyone. I can't understand why they don't get help or therapy before jumping into the dating scene leading everyone on. Where can I meet people without these major problems?
    through friendship groups i guess or social clubs

ReputationRep:
    Lol he's just not attracted to you.

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty callous and ignorant attitude you have there.

(Original post by Fenice)
    That's a pretty callous and ignorant attitude you have there.
    I can't say that everyone is like that but I just feel why can't people have the respect to be honest than play mind games.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say that everyone is like that but I just feel why can't people have the respect to be honest than play mind games.
    Being honest seldom gets anyone far in this respect.

ReputationRep:
    The guys haven't done anything to you nor have you done anything together. I don't think you should be this bothered with strangers leaving.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.