Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently speaking to this French girl using Google Translate while texting at the same time, it's a challenge as I am not sure how accurate Google translate is. :/

I told her I was French also, what if she finds out I am lying, what do I do?

She's so pretty though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yafooly)
    I am currently speaking to this French girl using Google Translate while texting at the same time, it's a challenge as I am not sure how accurate Google translate is. :/

She's so pretty though.
    Just give up now; you're going too far for the pussy.

ReputationRep:
    If you're using a translator, she'll know.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers

She's so pretty though.
    This is clearly not going to end well. Google translate is often inaccurate so it's not going to be long before she figures it out, and what kind of decent relationship is based on that kind of lie? I'd either tell the truth and hope for the best, because chances are she'll know enough English to converse, or just quit while you're ahead before you hurt her feelings even more than stepping away would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Just give up now; you're going too far for the pussy.
    So I should just give up?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    But she's so attractive.
    She might not be an attractive person
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I mean, if ure using Google Translate, do u know what she's saying XD

ReputationRep:
    everytime i read the title i sing "cant touch this"

right anyway, tell her that your parents are french so your french is a bit rusty so you've used translate

or that its your 2nd or 3rd language idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    This is clearly not going to end well. Google translate is often inaccurate so it's not going to be long before she figures it out, and what kind of decent relationship is based on that kind of lie? I'd either tell the truth and hope for the best, because chances are she'll know enough English to converse, or just quit while you're ahead before you hurt her feelings even more than stepping away would.
    If I tell her the truth she'll most likely cut me off completely and stop keeping in touch, I am not sure I am willing to take this chance. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    She might not be an attractive person
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I mean, if ure using Google Translate, do u know what she's saying XD
    Thankfully I am able to make out what she's saying, but I have no idea how to reply back to her text fluently without making mistakes.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    If I tell her the truth she'll most likely cut me off completely and stop keeping in touch, I am not sure I am willing to take this chance. :/
    I know the thought of that sucks, but think of her. Maybe you don't tell her the truth, whatever, but she won't trust you when she figures it out herself and she'll be even more likely to cut you off. You know the situation better than I do, obviously, so maybe you can find some kind of middle ground to telling her and carrying on so that it may work out a bit better.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So I should just give up?
    Made me lol. She probably knows already. Have your explanation at hand so she doesnt just dump you. Keep going.

You cna ofc try and make your conversation and company so interesting, she might make an allowance. Dont give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Made me lol. She probably knows already. Have your explanation at hand so she doesnt just dump you. Keep going.

You cna ofc try and make your conversation and company so interesting, she might make an allowance. Dont give up.
    We are not a couple yet, we are still getting "to know each other".

But I am pretty sure she already knows that my French is poor . So I am going to have to be really interesting, that she still decides to give me a chance. Even though I lied.

This is a challenge
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    We are not a couple yet, we are still getting "to know each other".

But I am pretty sure she already knows that my French is poor . So I am going to have to be really interesting, that she still decides to give me a chance. Even though I lied.

This is a challenge
    If you make a good impression then she will overlook it imo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thankfully I am able to make out what she's saying, but I have no idea how to reply back to her text fluently without making mistakes.
    XD thank goodness, that would've been a bit akward
    Any major French understanding issues, I've just finished my A-levels and could help out
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just PM if ure stuck m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    XD thank goodness, that would've been a bit akward
    Any major French understanding issues, I've just finished my A-levels and could help out
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just PM if ure stuck m8
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.

She's so pretty though.
    She already knows. Google Translate is awful, and any native speaker would know immediately if you're using a machine translator. I only use it for words I'm not familiar with, any translation I use it for is usually in a language I know already, so I can correct grammar after.

ReputationRep:
    Look, the only way this budding relationship has any hope is for you to be honest with her. Google translate is not totally accurate and my brother once offended a whole family by making them a "welcome home" sign in Italian. He doesn't speak Italian and whatever he wrote to them was, in his mind nice, but the translation was offensive and the mom called my brother on it!!
    Also, you're not being honest insures that you'll never meet her in person or have a Skype call. You can't. So, tell her how pretty you feel she is, tell her how much you're enjoying getting to know her but then explain why you pretended to be French and explain the truth and ask if you can still keep in touch. It is the only way..... Good Luck!

Unlucky mate you wont be juggling french girl tits guess its back to juggling your penis and two balls mate am i rite?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.