The Student Room Group

Pride in London - 2016 - All you need to know!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by thunder_chunky
I think we ought to have a white heterosexual celebration month. We ought to celebrate all the great things abut being straight and white. And there's a lot of them. We shouldn't shy away from just how great it is to be straight and white.

We need it to fit against the SJWs who try to tell us otherwise.

I know you're just winding him up for ****s and giggles, but no-one is technically stopping you from having a white heterosexual celebration month if you want :tongue:

But back to the thread, I would like to go to Pride myself one day, haven't got anyone to go with so won't this year, but I've seen videos of pride events and it's just great to see a place where everyone is so happy and free without fear of prejudice and discrimination, the LGBTQ community is obviously in a much better place in this country than most parts of the world, but I know that there still are some gay couples that are afraid to hold hands in public in this country, so it's still not quite a safe haven for the LGBTQ community.

And I hope that people aren't put off by the safety concerns, I wouldn't blame anyone for not going for that reason, but I hope they go regardless seeing as though one of the whole points of Pride events was a stand against hate. I saw a video a few weeks ago of the first ever Pride event in Serbia that had to have a significant police presence because just round the corner there were angry mobs literally chanting 'kill the gays'. Yet 100s of people against the very real threat of violence, still turned up and had a good time, it was a pretty remarkable show of defiance against such rampant hatred.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hezzlington
My thoughts exactly.

do you know why hes banned and for how long?
Original post by whitetack
do you know why hes banned and for how long?

No idea. Even so, not allowed to discuss moderation issues!
The last time I went here, I was slightly annoyed at how gay culture treated ethnic minorities. I don't think neither Muslims nor Blacks need their special help that they can't get from mainstream society. It's almost like we're congratulating Muslims/Blacks for being so segregating. Indians\East Asians are still a fairly large minority in the UK...

It's debatable whether the focus on Blacks that happens in the US is acceptable, let alone whether the UK should be doing it too. I prefer the approach taken by many European and Commonwealth countries, where they try not to give preferential treatment to any specific ethnic group.
I might go to support the LGBT community :hugs:

Everyone is just getting banned:cry2:
Original post by Zargabaath
Get off your arse and make one then.

Waaaaaah there's no straight pride
Waaaaaah the LGBT community were proactive and came together
Waaaaaah why is no one making a straight pride for me?
Waaaaaah I'm too lazy and/or entitled to do it myself
Waaaaaaaaaaaah

Look, it's you

http://mshorserescue.org/wp-content/uploads/why-is-the-child-crying-2-300x199.jpg

Original post by Olie
I know you're just winding him up for ****s and giggles, but no-one is technically stopping you from having a white heterosexual celebration month if you want :tongue:

If you're so sure It's just a wind up then why bother providing a serious reply?
cracker

lol :lol:
I'm going to the parade for the first time, with a bunch of london pride virgins, so can anyone give the lowdown on everything and anything, tips regarding where to stand, times, what to do, where to go. I have honestly no idea...
Reply 89
Hi guys, I know this is sort of unrelated but I'm going to London for a weekend stay and I was wondering if it's worth it to get an Oyster card or not? I don't drive and I will be using the tube frequently but I don't know how much money it costs without an Oyster card??
Reply 90

Original post by hezzlington
My thoughts exactly.

I'm back :P
Reply 91
It was amazing!

Gay Pride - Friends.jpg

Solidarity Forever
Reply 92
Original post by ivybridge
I'm back :P
Yay! :awesome: welcome back! Hope you had a great time and also didn't have too bad of an existential crisis due to lack of TSR :biggrin:
None of those are requirements to justify a pride March. Straight people have just as much right to express their pride. To express their joy at being straight. Its time to end the special treatment and exclusivity.

x3ox1bsddc431.png

Quick Reply

Latest