The Student Room Group

Missing A2 exam with non-cashed-in AS

Hi! I am not prepared for A2 exam (only one subject- all units). I have completed the other 3 subjects' A2 exams already. If I drop out of the exam which is on Tuesday, how do I cash-in my AS? What will it show on my certificate?
Reply 1
Original post by Curious64
Hi! I am not prepared for A2 exam (only one subject- all units). I have completed the other 3 subjects' A2 exams already. If I drop out of the exam which is on Tuesday, how do I cash-in my AS? What will it show on my certificate?

What, no one has a reply to that? Never happened before????
I think your teachers may say no. Have you spoken to them?
Reply 3
There are a whole host of things that arise from your post.

At the moment you will get an A level grade based on just your AS units so it will be terrible. You need to consider the implications of this - talk to the centre.
Did you tell UCAS you were taking 4 A levels? If so, you need to tell them that you are only taking 3.
Did you get an AS certificate last year (and not re-sit an AS unit this year)? If yes, then there is no need (nor can you) cash in the AS again.
Talk to your centre ASAP - just not turning up will have all sorts of consequences. Make sure you understand the consequences of what you're proposing - or just revise like mad and give it a go.

Quick Reply

Latest