Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm from Nepal. Got an unconditional offer + 100% scholarship into the Msc. Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Management at UoN. I have given my 3 preferences for accommodation. 1st is Raleigh park ( standard). Do you have any idea whom will we be sharing the kitchens and the bathrooms with ? As in how are the rest of the 5 peple going to be selected ? I dont want to be the odd one out LOL. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Cheers !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sudh11)
    Hi guys,
    I'm from Nepal. Got an unconditional offer + 100% scholarship into the Msc. Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Management at UoN. I have given my 3 preferences for accommodation. 1st is Raleigh park ( standard). Do you have any idea whom will we be sharing the kitchens and the bathrooms with ? As in how are the rest of the 5 peple going to be selected ? I dont want to be the odd one out LOL. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Cheers !

Hiya!

I'm starting in September for adult nursing (if I reach the grade requirements!) and I've applied to stay in Raleigh park too from what I gather the standard rooms share a bathroom with anything from 3-7 other people, same with the kitchen. It all depends on how many people are in your dorm as to how many people you share with. I think it's all pretty random with the placements, but from what I hear they tend to put all of the medical students together. Other than that, I think room placements are random. Also, be prepared for the university to request a £250 room deposit if you get into Raleigh park. They did this to me and you have to find the money in 3 days other wise they terminate your room offer - so have your deposit at the ready! This is because raleigh park is owned by a separate company and not by the university itself - the uni just rents the accommodation from a company called 'derwent students' (check out their website!). Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atunnicliffe)
    Hiya!

I'm starting in September for adult nursing (if I reach the grade requirements!) and I've applied to stay in Raleigh park too from what I gather the standard rooms share a bathroom with anything from 3-7 other people, same with the kitchen. It all depends on how many people are in your dorm as to how many people you share with. I think it's all pretty random with the placements, but from what I hear they tend to put all of the medical students together. Other than that, I think room placements are random. Also, be prepared for the university to request a £250 room deposit if you get into Raleigh park. They did this to me and you have to find the money in 3 days other wise they terminate your room offer - so have your deposit at the ready! This is because raleigh park is owned by a separate company and not by the university itself - the uni just rents the accommodation from a company called 'derwent students' (check out their website!). Hope this helps!
    Hey, yes i did find out about the 250 deposit. Thanks a lot for the info. Looking forward to reaching Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

hello! i am a prospective postgrad starting in Sep 17. May i have your opinion on staying at Raleigh Park? How are the people over there? Is there much social life - especially for PG. thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

Which block are you in? I'm a returning student but moving to Raleigh park, so excited

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.