Should BTECs be scrapped?

This poll is closed

Should BTECs be scrapped?

Yes 40%
No60%
Total votes: 25
Why?
No.
In fact 2016 BTECs have been tightened up in regulations and even have added exams in to the course. Since many further education establishments accept them, then what's the issue?
Why on earth would you scapr them? Not everyone wants to do A levels.
Can someone explain the difference between a levels and btec? (impartially)
I do A levels and people usually give btec **** but i dont actually get what they are. Are they really just easier a levels?
They are going to be exam based anyway from september 2016.
BTEC'S are for hands on people and those who want to go into employment however, you can still go uni with them, in some cases.
No I dont do any btec's but i think it gives everyone a chance of getting reasonable grade especially some people who are not good at exams, have anxiety issues that can be triggered with exams etc.
Reply 7
no
i think it gives students a wide range of what career path they want to take
No - some people just aren't very academic but deserve to get decent qualifications so they can go to uni/ have better employment prospects blah blah bkah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Btecs are valued by employers and accepted by 95%+ of UK universities and are statistically more employable than A levels, why on earth would anyone want to scrap them?

I did a Computing Btec and am now going into my third year of Computer Science at a top 20 uni and have a good software engineering placement, who at my interview said that the content covered on my Btec was so much more relevant than what other applicants had done in A levels, i had the same experience in another placement that I did

Would be crazy to scrap them
(edited 7 years ago)
How else are the lads going to impress with their Sports Level 2 BTEC when they're down the gym burning off calories from last nights cheeky nandos?

Quick Reply

Latest