Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to think about what main priorities students have when looking for accommodation. So far, I've thought of the following

- Price
    - Number of Bedrooms
    - Density of Nearby student population

As well as

Distance from:
    - Nearest Pub
    - University/College
    - Sports Facilities
    - Food Shops
    - Town Center

Can anyone add to this list?

ReputationRep:
    Ensuite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brian Moser)
    I'm trying to think about what main priorities students have when looking for accommodation. So far, I've thought of the following

- Price
    - Number of Bedrooms
    - Density of Nearby student population

As well as

Distance from:
    - Nearest Pub
    - University/College
    - Sports Facilities
    - Food Shops
    - Town Center

Can anyone add to this list?
    Size of the room, if halls then catered/self catered and similarly ensuite/shared bathroom and if shared- how many people will you be sharing with?

ReputationRep:
    Start with cost. There's no point setting your heart on something you can't afford - starting your uni planning with disappointment or financial panic isn't going to be helpful.

If you really can't do without things like catering, proximity to campus, new build, or an en suite, you can use the planning phase to work out whether any rent shortfall can be made up by things like parents, a part-time job in term time, a full-time job in holidays etc.

ReputationRep:
    Is it mouldy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brian Moser)
    Distance from:
    - Nearest Pub
    - University/College
    Like the priorities

I'd add ease of reaching campus as part of the proximity issue. Accommodation might be cheaper a couple of miles from campus, but if you need a bus, there's only one an hour and it's full at peak times, it could be a false accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I am not to fused as long as it's ensuite. The fact that mines is part time carted is a bonus because I really don't have to make any food lol

ReputationRep:
    The type of people I will be surrounded by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjxmc)
    The type of people I will be surrounded by
    Actually that is a good point. If we are talking halls, different halls usually have a reputation for attracting quiet or louder people so choosing the one that corresponds with your personality is quite important.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.