Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone applied for multiple overdraft accounts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer this to taking a career dev. loan (on top of the gov. postgrad loan) if it's at all possible.

Has anyone tried/done it ?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by flamingmoe)
    I would prefer this to taking a career dev. loan (on top of the gov. postgrad loan) if it's at all possible.

Has anyone tried/done it ?
    I got rejected for a new student account once I had closed my old one until my credit report updated,have you asked your current bank if they will extend your graduate overdraft (assuming you have one)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I got rejected for a new student account once I had closed my old one until my credit report updated,have you asked your current bank if they will extend your graduate overdraft (assuming you have one)?
    my current one is not a student account. been a few years since graduation.

was thinking of applying for the accounts simultaneously
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by flamingmoe)
    my current one is not a student account. been a few years since graduation.

was thinking of applying for the accounts simultaneously
    I can't see that doing your credit rating any good, will you have an income apart from the post grad loan whilst you're at university? You're best making an appointment at your bank and being honest.

ReputationRep:
    Most student accounts will stipulate that it must be your principle bank account i.e. the account into which SF pay your loan. You couldn't do that with multiple accounts.

Not sure how the CDL squares with the new Postgrad Loan. Previously, it would only cover courses for which there were no other sources of funding, so it may not be an option anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.