Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the last 6 months or so, every time I have sex with my boyfriend, I get a burning sensation as soon as he penetrates me, regardless of how relaxed I am, lubricated etc. and it's really starting to effect both of us.

I've had a full STI screening (and smear test at the same time), which came back all clear.

Has anyone else experienced this before? And if so, what was the cause? I am considering going back to the clinic, but realistically don't know what they can do for me since all the tests I've already had came back clear.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Did you talk to the clinic about it last time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobssss)
    Did you talk to the clinic about it last time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it was the reason I went. They presumed it was an STI or thrush, but as it turns out I didn't have anything I rang them back after I got the all clear text, but they weren't particularly helpful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Does this happen whether or not you're using a condom (and if you're using condoms, have you tried other sorts?) and whether or not it's his penis entering you?

And does it stay for as long as he's inside you or does it go away after a few seconds / minutes? Or last even longer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Does this happen whether or not you're using a condom (and if you're using condoms, have you tried other sorts?) and whether or not it's his penis entering you?

And does it stay for as long as he's inside you or does it go away after a few seconds / minutes? Or last even longer?
    We don't usually use condoms. It usually happens when his penis is going in, then burns slightly but not as bad for a few minutes, then goes away. It does burn after ejaculation, and for about 15 mins after we've finished. At first I thought I might have developed some sort of sensitivity to his semen/bodily fluids, but we've been together for 2+ years and it's only started happening fairly recently.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd wonder if you have a small abrasion that's reacting to what's happening.

Time to go back there / a different clinic and say 'sort this'.

ReputationRep:
    You could suffer ISSM, which is highly possible at both penetration and ejaculation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anti-TrollPatrol)
    You could suffer ISSM, which is highly possible at both penetration and ejaculation
    What does ISSM stand for? I just tried googling it and the results are mostly for the International Society for Sexual Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    my bad, my source for my info was from ISSM, you could have an allergic reaction to Semen, which would explain penetration from pre-ejactulation and standard ejaculation,

ReputationRep:
    I thin you should talk to a doctor about this issue. So don't do late to consult a doctor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.