Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what type of music I like watch

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I find myself listening to video game music and anime soundtracks as I find them more immersive than most 'normal music'. I really want to develop a good taste in music and find a taste that suits me but I don't know how to start. How do you develop a taste in music and what sort of music do you normally listen to?

ReputationRep:
    What sort of video game music? chiptune, symphonic, upbeat etc. Maybe you have a preference for music without vocals like me? Nothing wrong with just saying that your taste in music is video game music and anime soundtracks

ReputationRep:
    If you like game/anime music that is instrumental you might find some classical music very good as it is instrumental and in many cases quite calming. Not sure about what type you like to listen to but... I would strongly recommend some of Mark Isham's work, it is very good. However it isn't anything bad if you like game/anime soundtracks - I myself have a few friends that listen to that kind of music non-stop and must say some of it is quite good.

I normally listen to country music (more modern than any other genre) they include:
    Carrie Underwood
    Cam
    Lady Antebellum
    Sam Hunt
    Keith Urban

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with that tbh, music is music.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Even when i trigger certain members about their kerrangcore
    *cough*acupofgreentea*cough*

But post some music you like and we can recommend similar stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    Generally, I find myself listening to video game music and anime soundtracks as I find them more immersive than most 'normal music'. I really want to develop a good taste in music and find a taste that suits me but I don't know how to start. How do you develop a taste in music and what sort of music do you normally listen to?
    Download spotify.

Find top tracks UK listen to those, or be a lad and search "Grime Shutdown" its a playlist with grime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Download spotify.

Find top tracks UK listen to those, or be a lad and search "Grime Shutdown" its a playlist with grime
    Alright, I'll try this thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.