The Student Room Group

Post exam stress?

Hello, I finished all of my exams one week ago and I feel they all went very well, I am very confident in how I studied and feel confident that my exams went well, I am a high achieving student and I always work hard however I still feel very stressed, sometimes agitated and low in mood unless I am doing something that I love; which is attending my dance lessons, however I just feel confused as to why I may feel this way as my exams are over and I slightly have more free time than I did during exam time. All responses are appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey Natalie, its Amanda here at BCU. Sorry to hear you're still feeling stressed, it's so hard to switch off sometimes - especially when you've built yourself up to exams for so long and it's taken up so much of your time and concentration! How about making some plans for the summer? It'll keep you busy and give you something to look forward to. We did actually put some tips together for de-stressing before exams but I think a lot of them will still apply to you too, so take a look: www.bcu.ac.uk/exam-relax
They're by an expert yoga teacher so it's fab advice with things like breathing techniques :smile:

Hope you feel better soon!
Reply 3
Aw, thank you so much that sounds good I shall look into it 😊

Quick Reply

Latest