Is Glasgow the best city in the UK? Watch

ReputationRep:
    friendly Glaswegians, hot birds and a sexy city

ReputationRep:
    London > Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewcastleFresher)

This is a joke right? Glasgow isn't even the best city in Scotland!

Here is a list of the many cities that are better than Glasgow in Uk:

London
    Edinburgh
    Manchester
    York
    Bristol
    Bath
    Oxford
    Brighton

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that Edinburgh is the best city to live in the UK

ReputationRep:

...are just some of the things that Glasgow lacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeroline1999)
    This is a joke right? Glasgow isn't even the best city in Scotland!

Here is a list of the many cities that are better than Glasgow in Uk:

London
    Edinburgh
    Manchester
    York
    Bristol
    Bath
    Oxford
    Brighton
    Glasgow > Edinburgh IMHO

Im not from Glasgow but go there a lot, my uncle lives in the West End

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't possibly say without visiting every UK city and even then it's all relative.

But I absolutely loved Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    Must not have been there too long then. Or you know way better people than I do. I know imported "glassies, weegies," whatever, and the **** I hear would make me never wanna go glasgow lol. But anyway there's a nice side and an ugly side to every place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Must not have been there too long then. Or you know way better people than I do. I know imported "glassies, weegies," whatever, and the **** I hear would make me never wanna go glasgow lol. But anyway there's a nice side and an ugly side to every place.
    youve met Glaswegians who are ******s then? Or what have you heard :yep:

morven Christie is glaswegian, pretty fit IMHO (i mean birds you see in the clubs too)

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow > Edinburgh IMHO

Im not from Glasgow but go there a lot, my uncle lives in the West End
    I've lived in neither, I've visited both. My Dad came from Glasgow and my mum from Edinburgh.
    Edinburgh is richer, better, more fun, its just a better city.

ReputationRep:
    Of course that is subjective, but I love it here I love the atmosphere of the city centre and the nightlife here and we're a mostly friendly bunch! (Yes, being Glaswegian, i'm a little biased)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I live just outside Glasgow and I've always felt Glasgow has a certain charm to it I've visited a lot of cities around Scotland and the rest of The UK but Glasgow remains my personal favourite in terms of the vibe, things to do and friendliness of the locals. It has its rough areas like everywhere else but I've never once felt unsafe there or had any trouble while I've been there and I'm in the city a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet tracksuit bro

ReputationRep:
    youve met Glaswegians who are ******s then? Or what have you heard :yep:

morven Christie is glaswegian, pretty fit IMHO (i mean birds you see in the clubs too)

What's even the censored word? Well what I've heard is erm the basics: stabbings, muggings, smackies. Maybe it's just my crowd dunno. Sure there are lovely ppl up in Glasgow, what areas did you go to while you were there so I know

(Original post by conformplease)
    Sweet tracksuit bro
    lol cheers

ReputationRep:
    What's even the censored word? Well what I've heard is erm the basics: stabbings, muggings, smackies. Maybe it's just my crowd dunno. Sure there are lovely ppl up in Glasgow, what areas did you go to while you were there so I know
    Glasgow as with pretty much every major city has it's good areas and bad areas. And as with most places it tends to be the outskirts of the city that aren't the nicest/ safest.

I've spend a lot of time in the heart of Glasgow, it's a lovely and beautiful place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Glasgow as with pretty much every major city has it's good areas and bad areas. And as with most places it tends to be the outskirts of the city that aren't the nicest/ safest.

I've spend a lot of time in the heart of Glasgow, it's a lovely and beautiful place.
    Well yea which areas specifically like which area did you go to that's nice. Everyone I know from there is dodgy or says it's dodgy so maybe I need to expand.

ReputationRep:
    Well yea which areas specifically like which area did you go to that's nice. Everyone I know from there is dodgy or says it's dodgy so maybe I need to expand.
    I spent a lot of time in the kelvingrove park area (Saw a deer, it was awesome).
    Also the literal city centre is a good shout, some great restaurants there and it has a lot of charm. The necropolis was nice, as were the numerous museums and art galleries dotted around the area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I spent a lot of time in the kelvingrove park area (Saw a deer, it was awesome).
    Also the literal city centre is a good shout, some great restaurants there and it has a lot of charm. The necropolis was nice, as were the numerous museums and art galleries dotted around the area.
    Ah city centre sweet. Cheers for this might pop by to visit some mates and we can just go there instead of faffing around in strange places lol :yes:

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    I love Glasgow but my ancestors came from there, so maybe I'm biased...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.