The Student Room Group

offer from University of Bristol and Queen Mary, university of London for LLM

I have met the conditional offer from University of Bristol and Queen Mary, university of London for LLM. Which one should I go for? Thank you!!
You need to look at a) the course and its content, optional units etc, b) opportunities for practical experience like Moots, Law Clinics and other Pro Bono work etc, c) the city/environment and where you can afford to live. Ultimately the only person who can make this decision is you.
Reply 2
When it comes to LLMs you need to seriously look at the modules on offer. You haven't said what subject the LLM is in? Law Schools have wildly different focuses. Some will have big public international law research groups and hardly any EU law and others might have a big business and economic law focus.

I chose my current university (Utrecht) because the Public International Law LLM had a sub-track in international human rights law and a couple other modules I liked. One of my friends picked Leiden's Public International Law LLM because it had international criminal law modules which Utrecht don't have. It is the same in the UK.

The difference reputation/ranking wise between the two you're looking at is marginal. Pick where you actually want to live. Make sure you visit and meet the staff, ask questions, see how receptive they are. Then once you've seen both you can follow your gut of where would be best for YOU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending